How To Pull Underliner ?

K5RCD

How do I pull the rubber underbelly liner for access to plumbing, wiring, tanks etc.? Does it just snap on and off, or are there screws or rivets holding it in place?

I see what looks like little pyramid shaped fasteners, but have not messed with them, fearing I might break something. Trailer is a 2016 Coachmen 281 RLDS with fully enclosed underbelly.

Thanks.

Best bet is call Coachmen. I've not seen a rubber underbelly. My Excel had a tough black fabric attached with screws & metal straps and an access panel under the dump valves.

Ron

That's how our Dutchmen 5er was constructed, only the covering was rigid black plastic.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

If the fasteners appear to be pneumatically installed " nails", simply tap the exposed sharp tips with a small hammer.Three or four taps and they will release. I don't want to talk about the amount of time I spent on those lil Devils before I finally fingered that out.

I cannot speak to re-install procedure as we replaced the rubber coated cardboard with plywood. Hope this helps.

cid_image001_jpg01CA166C.jpg

Patience & Wisdom - two very important virtues

Archived