Help! RV Staff burnt up motor of new air conditioner and wiring in rig. What should I do?

learn_as_you_go

It wasnt my main source of business but I did it when asked. I found it hard to say no. I also repaired them and you will find a lot of RV techs saying that they cant be fixed. They are easy to fix. The point is that an RV AC is an extremely simple unit and the install is a piece of cake for someone who can install and take care of multi million dollar systems. I would recommend calling them at least. Some of the smaller but just as qualified businesses might certainly be willing to do it. It just pains me to see so many people at the mercy of incompetent workmanship.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

I guess as it is with everything else there is a learning curve of experience. Good luck on your quest for knowledge as an RV member. As many have shared sometimes it can be a costly experience. Only you can decide when it is time to "pick up your marbles" and do something else to solve the problem. From what you have shared you may not get any help from the installer or the park staff. Good Luck!

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

If you have the time...Small claims court--suit Bill. Cheap to file. Maybe he/campground will settle out of court. If you win you have a judgement, maybe you won't collect, but you have satisfaction. You can even put a lien on any property until judgement is settled. I for one oam tired of the chock one up to lessons learned and move on--I'm retired now so I am not moving on too easy. Don't get mad--get even.

Don Kostyal

CMSgt, ret USAF

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Archived