Getting a Cradlepoint CTR35 to work with a Verizon Novatel USB551L modem

I’m in the process of adding a Cradlepoint CTR35 router to my RV internet setup.

I have a proper authenticated and operating Verizon Novatel USB551L modem and a Cradlepoint CTR500 router that I’ve used in the motorhome for a long time. I’m adding a backup router since the CTR500 is over 7 years old and occasionally exhibits some issues.

My old CTR500 didn’t recognize the USB551L until firmware upgrade v1.9.0. After that the 551L played well with the 500.

I’ve purchased a CTR35 that is running firmware v3.0.5 that sees the 551L but doesn’t allow it to authenticate with Verizon correctly. Cradlepoint no longer supports the CTR35, thus, I can’t upgrade my firmware to a version that fully supports the 551L.

Question 1; To those of you that have/had CTR35 routers at what firmware version did your unit begin to recognize the Novatel USB551L? Note, the ReleaseNote files that come with each of the upgrades identifies the modems that that particular upgrade begins to play nice with.

Question 2; Do any of you still have the CTR35 firmware upgrades downloaded and saved on your harddrives that would help me upgrade my CTR35 and solve my problem?

Do any of you know where I might be able to download firmware updates/releasenotes for the CTR35?

Many thanks in advance!

Ron

2005 Dolphin 5342 LE Motorhome

2011 Honda CRV

Archived