Traveling with guns

mel1953

More info you your strobe system please[/quote

Our system was purchased from a company that sets up concert stages back when they changed to laser shows.

We bought a rack of 16 lights and one controller. It was a few years ago and I think we paid 300$ for all.

Originally we used it to scare off predators from our livestock operation and it worked great so after we sold all our animals I installed it on our custom travel trailer.

Each light is 4 x 4 x 8 inches and contains capacitors,relay and the light with a high polished stainless steel reflector,the bulb is a 60 watt 110 volt kinda looks like a head light bulb. The lens is half inch thick glass with fins protruding out I think for cooling or to give a wider light pattern.

The controller can be set to time each one of the lights sequence or connect to a stereo system.

I never checked to see if anyone makes something like this I just adapted and used what I have.

My system does use a lot of power though but I've never had it on for more than five minutes at one time.

Some people go to a store and buy what they need.

I go to the scrap yard and dream of what I can make.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Note on civil lawsuits. While the criminal may not have the money his family often times does. Lawyers it seems comes in all sizes and if it is seen there is a chance to make a buck you have one. Seems like criminals know them all as well. Besides all those funded organizations who feel criminals are for whatever reason not responsible for their actions. Frivolous lawsuits happen way to often. Just because you are cleared criminally does preclude you being taken to court in civil lawsuit. One of the biggest problems with civil is you can be taken to courts years after the fact. criminal courts relatively short civil way to long a process, The time in court can be long and all this time you are paying legal costs and if you work you have time off work as well. On top of that the burden of proof is far less than criminal and I for one cannot understand how these juries think with some of the $'s that have been awarded. .Simply boggles the mind.

All the more reason your best course of action is to escape if at all possible to avoid all that. Other helpful hints never go anyplace with you CCW you would not go without. If you have to think to yourself "should I shoot" you probably should not! I don't want to make this political. In fact though if the district or state attorney general are anti 2A or guns it is going to be a hard road even criminally. You just don't know which why the wind blows specially when traveling in you RV even though you may know the law in the state the incident happens and in fact within the law. It has happened to many time you are 100% right and you get cuffed and hauled off and spend years defending yourself both from criminal charges as well as civil lawsuit,

So will say one last time your best action is no action and escape. If you can't and your are sure your non action will result in the death or sever injury to yourself or loved one's then do what you need to do with any means you choose or are available. It is a hell of a responsibility so no one should take lightly as has been discussed.

I think this one has been cussed and discussed enough. Great conversation though i enjoyed it. Be careful though when I first came into Escapees on here this subject came up or similar and was flamed like you would not believe. This first time since that I have said anything and all was civil awesome. :D

Oh by the way the sound of racking a shotgun on the other side of an RV door should be a great deterrent. Unless of course the dude high or really stupid. Then 00 buck works and less chance for collateral damage!!!!! :lol:

2019 Thor Chateau 28E on a Ford E450 chassis. Maybe awhile but will get a new picture forgive one up there it is my old rig.

Archived