Anyone tried the JefaTech Long Range WiFi Repeater?

I am considering the JefaTech Long Range WiFi Repeater in my coach. My plan is to purchase the system and try it on our next road trip without mounting the antenna externally...that way if it doesn't work I won't have a hole in my roof to repair. Anyone tried this unit using the antenna inside the coach?

Jim and Kellie

2017 DRV 38RSSA Mobile Suite

2016 Western Star 5700xe

YouTube Channel

tZlofkCl.jpg   

Why the need to put a hole in the roof? I just lately installed a WiFiRanger Sky2 antenna. I mounted it on top of a Max cover over a vent and ran the cable down through the refrigerator vent.

I did drill a hole from the refrigerator back side into the MH for the cable.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

I have it with 4' antenna which I mount yo my rear ladder. I run the wire to my window and enter coach there. The repeater works well as a router for several devices to work at once. You can mount other ways and run cable inside permanent which I may do but not yet.

Don Kostyal

CMSgt, ret USAF

A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Why the need to put a hole in the roof? I just lately installed a WiFiRanger Sky2 antenna. I mounted it on top of a Max cover over a vent and ran the cable down through the refrigerator vent.

I did drill a hole from the refrigerator back side into the MH for the cable.

I don't have a refer vent on top. The only way to get onto the roof is to drill....

I have it with 4' antenna which I mount yo my rear ladder. I run the wire to my window and enter coach there. The repeater works well as a router for several devices to work at once. You can mount other ways and run cable inside permanent which I may do but not yet.

That may be an option....thanks.

I just ordered one this morning...hopefully will get here by Thursday since we're heading up to our trailer on Friday.....

Would really be interested in your experience and thoughts.... :D

Jim and Kellie

2017 DRV 38RSSA Mobile Suite

2016 Western Star 5700xe

YouTube Channel

tZlofkCl.jpg   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It didn't arrive in time to try out at the trailer....I've messed around with it in my truck at a few wifi places....seems to work as advertised...should be back at trailer in a couple of weeks and will post results...

Cedar Creek 38FB2 '12 Mega Cab 4x4 19.5 Cooper

I used the Alfa system from TechnoRv and love it. I have Xfinity cable at home and they have now opened up hundreds of thousands of accessible wifi spots throughout the country. I've been traveling up and down the east coast and getting wifi everywhere. Either xfinity or McDonalds, Starbucks, libraries etc

Check out the article I wrote about it here. Www.rvbprecision.com

RoyB

South of Boston

2021 Dodge 2500 - 6.4L

Forest River 19RR Toy Hauler

Roofnest Falcon Rooftop Tent

www.rvbprecision.com

• 3 weeks later...

Tried it out this weekend and it worked great.....before I could only get one or two bars which was just enough for Roku but Ipad and the laptop couldn't connect...with Jefa running...all my devices were at max wifi signal...for the first time since we've been up there..HQ's could use her ipad anywhere around the trailer.

Cedar Creek 38FB2 '12 Mega Cab 4x4 19.5 Cooper

Archived