I Bought A Surface Pro 4 Typecover For My Surface Pro 3

RV_

Just a quick review for anyone like me who loves to get a steal on the last model's price after the new models come out. I got my Surface Pro 3 for less than the same price as the bottom end Surface Atom Tablet but mine also has the 128GB SSD and 4 GB of RAM.

I owned the first Surface RT before they had even come out with the Surface Pro for sale. I loved the magnetic type cover for both its protection and its convenience.

I'd heard that the Surface Pro 3 typecover had some issues and was not backlighted. I also heard that the Surface 4 typecover was a great improvement over the earlier versions, and was Pro 3 compatible in fit and function. So when I saw that the local Best Buy had some returns marked way down that were like new I brought my Surface 3 in to try it on. It fit perfectly and works great Both flat and angled up some. I prefer it flat because I type hard. Mine is the gray color and I thought I would end up returning it because of the price. Nope, I'm keeping it. The keys are backlit and auto turn off when not used for a few minutes. I really like the chicklet style keys and their spacing. The action is just right for me. I also think the touchpad is a vast improvement over the previous ones that had no slick surface.

If you have a Surface Pro 3 just try the Pro 4 typecover first if you can find one marked down from a "Buyer's Remorse" return, where the buyer decided they could not afford another purchase, or that they didn't need the item.

I give it a top rating.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived