GROUNDED

buzz64

Well, got up this morning to go to work and turned on the lights in the living and the furnace came on, but no lights. Then all the light switches lit up, none on. while getting ready I noticed cold air coming out the vents and the blower would not shut off.

Started digging I discovered that Keystone has ground issues. So I have spent the afternoon chasing and cleaning grounds. every one I found was a screw screwed into an undercoated frame. so I am cleaning the frame, reattaching the grounds and putting a rustproof over all that. Guess I have not found all he grounds yet as all my problems are not gone.

Done venting, Thanks.

After extensive searching we finally found it. behind the control panel are 3 ground looms. 2 of the looms are jumped together kind of like a redundant ground. This jumper wire worked loose causing one loom to come loose. Keystone has some strange ways to do things. Larger wire nuts helped hold things together.

Glad you found it. Chasing grounding problems can drive you nuts! Good luck. Dennis

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

Archived