Jump to content

Aiming a dish 1000.2 problem solved

Recommended Posts

I'm mentioning this just in case anyone else has a problem like I had.


When I started using the 1000.2 (home style) dish for Dish Network I seemed to always have problems aiming it. The zip code numbers were never quite right. Also, I would end up getting 110 on 119 LNB or 119 on 129 LNB and then have a really hard time getting it straightened out.


Then, a few months ago, as I was setting up, the tripod tipped over and the LNBs came off the arm.


When I put them back on they slid farther down the arm than they were before and "clicked" in place.


Apparently, when I first put it together there was a burr or something that made me think the LNBs were properly on the arm but they weren't. It looks as if that threw the dish aiming off and made it extremely sensitive. If I persisted long enough I would get the satellites, but it was a real challenge. Since reassembling the thing I've been able to use the numbers from the manual to get a signal and the "sweet spot" is larger.


I'm also guessing that fighting with it, as I did for 6 months or so was a good learning experience for me, making me better at it than I would have been otherwise.



Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
RVers Online University


Our program provides accurate individual wheel weights for your RV, toad, and tow vehicle, and will help you trim the pounds if you need to.

RV Cable Grip

RV Cable Grip

All the water you need...No matter where you go

Country Thunder Iowa

Nomad Internet

Rv Share

Dish For My RV.

RV Air.

Find out more or sign up for Escapees RV'ers Bootcamp.

Advertise your product or service here.

The Rvers- Now Streaming

RVTravel.com Logo

  • Create New...