Canadian registering an RV in the U.S.

Guest THE TRAILERKING

Guest THE TRAILERKING

Has anyone had experience with this? I want to get an RV insurance through Goodsam or Progressive. They don't offer for a Canadian registered RV but they both said as long as the RV is registered in a State they can provide coverage. I can still be a Canadian resident and travel back and forth.

I am currently being s#$ewed over by SGI, our local insurer. They have absolutely no experience with motorhomes of this caliber.

If you take the RV back to your home province, is the US registration going to cause you any problems there? If you are sure that it won't then get yourself a legal address in one of the states here and do it. The three most popular are Texas, Florida, and South Dakota. You may want to consider becoming a member of Escapees and then using their service, as well as other benefits that they provide. I can assure you that TX will have no problem with a Canadian owning an RV here as there are many of you who own an RV, park model, or some type of winter home used seasonally and registered/titled in TX. I also know that it is fairly common in Florida as well.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived