Leak detection system

telcoman

After accidentally leaving my pump on and having a flood, i decided to build a leak detection system. This will shut off the pump and the city water supply if a leak is detected. Oddly enough since installing it, i have found 3 of them, all to do with drainage components (loose fittings on traps, etc). I have detectors now under any joints in the plumbing throughout the trailer. If a leak is detected, an alarm goes off, the pump is shut off and a solenoid operated to block city water before it enters my trailer. The only way to reset it is to turn the inside pump off and on again.

I also installed a non locking push button in the bathroom so i can flush the toilet & use the sink momentarily without turning the pump on. That is designed for roadside pee breaks. Like the one that caused my flood.

leak10.jpg

leak11.jpg

leak12.jpg

leak13.jpg

Paul Beddows

Summer-Abbotsford BC, Winter Jalisco Mexico

Co-Founder of NATCOA

Wagon Master for Caravanas de Mexico RV Caravans

2010 Majestic Class C

Sure, by PM. I am thinking about getting this produced as a package commercially so i do not want to publish it on the open forum BTW the flood happened in Az high heat low humidity. no permanent damage i just had to rip out all the insulation underneath.

Paul Beddows

Summer-Abbotsford BC, Winter Jalisco Mexico

Co-Founder of NATCOA

Wagon Master for Caravanas de Mexico RV Caravans

2010 Majestic Class C

Archived