Does anyone use a Dodge vehicle as your towed?

I have a 2011 Dodge Dakota 4x4 auto trans truck I tow behind my motorhome.

What I am looking for is there a fuse to remove so that the digital speedometer does not rack up

miles while towing.

When I disengage the transfer case and put the auto trans into park I can tow. If the ignition key

is in the second click the 4x4 light for neutral is on and speedo racks up miles, if the ignition key

is in the first click the 4x4 light for neutral is off and the speedo does not rack up miles.

Phil & Alberta Saran

2019 Keystone Cougar 30RLS

2012 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 diesel

Colorado

• 4 weeks later...

For what it's worth, on my 2014 Nissan Frontier we had problems with the key in the acc position, both to unlock the steering lock and to provide power for the Blue Ox Patriot automatic brake. None of the Nissan people that we talked with had the same answer for the problem. Our solution was to run a new wire from the RV coach battery to the back of the RV. Into that we plug a new wire that runs to a new cigarette lighter power outlet in the cab to run the automatic brake. The key is placed in the "push" position which is just before you push on the key to remove it. That unlocks the steering wheel lock. Then we disconnect the starting battery of the Nissan. Yes, that cancels all of the presets on the radio but after we have driven a couple hundred miles the presets no longer work anyway. There have been no other problems that we have seen after towing the pickup this way for many miles.

We towed a Dodge RAM before the Nissan with the key in the acc position with absolutely no problems. That Dodge motor died with only 272,000 miles on it. Oh well.

Archived