Pets on the road.

Not happy this morning. I saw a lady at the RV park I'm in let her dog get away from her and head for the street where it got hit. The dog is now at the vet and they owner is in hysterics. I beg all of you, even if your dog is on a lead all the time like this one was that you teach them not to bolt or run into a street for any reason.

Definitely not happy seeing something like this.

I ran over a black lab ( unintentionally of course ) that got away from his owner and was trying to cross the street to visit another dog. It was still a pup and paid no attention to my truck and went under the back wheels...died in a minute or two at the side of the road. I saw him running on the sidewalk and thought I had got past him and all of a sudden thump.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

Not happy this morning. I saw a lady at the RV park I'm in let her dog get away from her and head for the street where it got hit. The dog is now at the vet and they owner is in hysterics. I beg all of you, even if your dog is on a lead all the time like this one was that you teach them not to bolt or run into a street for any reason.

Definitely not happy seeing something like this.

I ran over a black lab ( unintentionally of course ) that got away from his owner and was trying to cross the street to visit another dog. It was still a pup and paid no attention to my truck and went under the back wheels...died in a minute or two at the side of the road. I saw him running on the sidewalk and thought I had got past him and all of a sudden thump.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

• 2 weeks later...

Gregcarr, I plan on taking my praying mantids with me but also my frogs! The big question in my mind is legality problems. Some frogs like the cuban tree frog are kill on sight non-natives in florida.

Its no problem hiding small things like my mantids, they love hanging out on my plants, but frogs are noisy. What would you do if one of your larger pets is illegal in a state you are visiting for a season?

Gregcarr, I plan on taking my praying mantids with me but also my frogs! The big question in my mind is legality problems. Some frogs like the cuban tree frog are kill on sight non-natives in florida.

Its no problem hiding small things like my mantids, they love hanging out on my plants, but frogs are noisy. What would you do if one of your larger pets is illegal in a state you are visiting for a season?

I'd obey the law. Of course the state would not get any of my money either, if I had something that the state didn't want me to bring in.

I can understand the invasive species laws. We have problems with invasive plants and fish in this area. The non-native plants/animals can take over an area very quickly. Bark beetles kill many acres of forest each year. Certain trout decimate the indigenous fish species. All because someone introduced (perhaps unintentionally) a species with no local predators to control them.

Don

Check the fines if you are caught, you'll want to have enough cash handy to pay them.

We have seen so many areas ruined by people who thought bringing in a non-native critter wouldn't be a problem that we'd never do it and would report anyone we saw doing it. Getting rid of the invasive species can cost millions of dollars or even be impossible to do.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Archived