New to Escapees & RVing- Roadside assistance?

amarie1

Hello! 

I going to pick up my new-to-me RV this Sunday and drive it home. It's north of Detroit and I'm in Chicago. I'm a new RVer and will be on my own, and it comes with a toad. So I'm a bit nervous.

I joined Escapees a few months ago but am wondering, does it come with Roadside Assistance? I can't figure out if that's a separate purchase or not. How would I reach them? 

Other RVers have recommended Good Sam roadside assistance ... thoughts? 

Thanks for your quick response! 😉

AM

2018 Forest River Sunseeker 2290SC
25 feet, Chevy Express 4500
"Angie" (short for Angel)

Welcome to the Escapees forums and also to the RV club! We are pleased to have you join us. 

The Escapee membership includes many benefits that come with it but both the mail service and roadside assistance require you to sign up for it an additional cost. You can learn about the roadside assistance here. We have had such service from Good Sam, then later shifted to CoachNet, and today we are with the Escapee program. Out best service was from CoachNet, but it has become quite costly and since Escapees members can get service for a much lower price, we changed to it. In the 10 years or so that we had Good Sam we used it for minor services several times with varying degrees of service. Out only time of needing the motorhome towed we were with CoachNet and we were very pleased by the service and considered it much better than the Good Sam ERS was. We have now been with the Escapees/Safe Ride program for just over a year and have had no occasion to need it so can only rate it on price, but the reports that we have heard were favorable. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI