Newbies from New Zealand

NZManny

Hi All,

About to make a life changing decision, my wife and i are coming to the great USA for 6 months to RV.

We want to purchase not rent, can anyone advise which is the best state to purchase an RV, we are told some states don't have taxes, 

We are also not domicile in USA so how do we register the RV?

Cheers

Manny

Welcome to the Escapee forums and also to the USA! 

In order to license and insure an RV in the USA you must have an address in the chosen state to put on the title and the insurance. You do not need a US driver's license, but insurance will typically cost less if you get one. I strongly suggest that you consider joining the Escapees RV Club and then get an address through them. You can fly into Dallas fairly readily and there are several dealers there who are familiar with visitors buying and licensing through Escapees and probably the best known is PPL RV in Houston, which is near the Escapee offices in Livingston. You may also find it helpful to read this brief article about what you wish to do that was written by an Australian. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI