Toad with vacuum brake

Gregoreo

I bought a preowned Toad, a 2001 chevy blazer with all the necessary towing equiptment feom a former rver. I hooked the blueox towbar, 7 pin electrical harness and the safety and brake away cables to my thor ace class a. The blazer also has a vacuum port next to the break away clip on the front end that a blue air line is supposed to go to my rv. I have no connection on my rv for that vacuum line/air hose to connect to. Under the hood of the blazer is a vacuum brake cylinder and equiptment for the assisted brakes. Any recommendations on what i need to my coach to make this work?

2 hours ago, Gregoreo said:

The blazer also has a vacuum port next to the break away clip on the front end that a blue air line is supposed to go to my rv.

I would bet that what you have is a connection for air pressure from an air brake system of a diesel pusher rig. If I am right, your Ace won't have anywhere to connect it since gas chassis do not have an air brake system.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 2 weeks later...

As Kirk said, but some manufacturers of toad brakes [eg M&G] make a system that converts hyd pressure from your coach brakes to an air pressure signal to your toad, Of course you will have to install a small air compressor in your coach.

https://m-gengineering.com/

Foretravel 40ft tag 500hp Cummins ISM  1455 watts on the roof, 600 a/h's lithium in the basement.

Archived