Comparing Trailer Hitches

charlyhors

I've bought a 25', perhaps 6-7,000 gross weight travel trailer to tow behind an F-150.  Hitch weight probably about 600-700 pounds.  I'm intending to go with a Class III hitch, but was wanting feedback on which hitches (say that fast 5 times) would be both excellent at weight distribution, towing stability and anti sway, and also Easy to use.  I've seen Blue Ox, Equalizer, and Andersons referenced.  Just want to hear some of your experiences and preferences.

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:56 PM, charlyhors said:

...I've bought a 25', perhaps 6-7,000 gross weight travel trailer to tow behind an F-150.  Hitch weight probably about 600-700 pounds.  I'm intending to go with a Class III hitch...

The GVWR of the trailer should be listed on a plate on the driver's side of the trailer. A hitch weight of 10-15% is generally recommended for travel trailers. As mentioned there is a fairly recent thread on anti-sway hitches.

Do you already have the F-150? If it has a hitch, the hitch should be marked with the maximum ratings for weight carrying and weight distribution loading.

Archived