Class of 2011

LFDR3116

We started full-timing in May 2011. Tried selling our house at that time and could hardly get anyone to even attend the open houses, let alone make an offer. We rented the house out for 4 years.

Went back this spring to a terrible mess, both inside and out. The tenants had done nothing in 4 years including cleaning inside the house. We could have cried. We worked hours and hours over a 3 week period painting, cleaning, repairing and getting the yard somewhat back in shape. Best decision we made to try to sell this summer. We had 11 people schedule showing for the 1st day, had 2 offers and the offer we accepted had been made 4 hours into the day. It was a cash offer for more than our asking price, which was higher than we had imagined it would be. Closed within 12 days. We were so excited!

Is there anyone else from 2011 class that is thinking of selling? Now may be a good time.

Pat DeJong

I hope you did not refund their security deposit. I would suggest small claims court, but you may be wasting good time and money chasing someone. I know exactly how you feel. I could tell you several horror stories on houses I have rented. Most important to me now is a good qualified tenant and not the amount of the rent so much.

We started full-timing in May 2011. Tried selling our house at that time and could hardly get anyone to even attend the open houses, let alone make an offer. We rented the house out for 4 years.

Went back this spring to a terrible mess, both inside and out. The tenants had done nothing in 4 years including cleaning inside the house. We could have cried. We worked hours and hours over a 3 week period painting, cleaning, repairing and getting the yard somewhat back in shape. Best decision we made to try to sell this summer. We had 11 people schedule showing for the 1st day, had 2 offers and the offer we accepted had been made 4 hours into the day. It was a cash offer for more than our asking price, which was higher than we had imagined it would be. Closed within 12 days. We were so excited!

Is there anyone else from 2011 class that is thinking of selling? Now may be a good time.

This was our fear if we had rented our house. We were able to sell ours in September 2011. After taking care of some loose ends we hit the road early November. Still traveling, looking for our utopia. One day we'll land somewhere.

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

• 3 months later...

Archived