"shake down" trip complete and we have a leak.

cmbagwell71

Well, we found our first issue on our new unit. There is water streaming out of both ends of the slide when we run the water, and so there must be a leak somewhere in the system (no rain). It did not happen during the walk through when just the water pump was on (that we noticed), but did happen once we were hooked up to city water. It also causes a very small drip inside where the slide meets the wall/floor/corner. We turned our water off and are heading back to the dealer tomorrow.

Other than that, the pantry door flew open in transit and came off the top track. I failed to latch it before take off. Sigh. Will have to have them fix that too, but that was operator error.

Otherwise, uneventful and we really love our new unit.

I would turn off city water and then test with the pump to see if it cycles on, then stays off until someone uses water again as a good leak test. The pump will not stay off if there is water leaking and that would mean that you can use from the tank. It may also be one of the plumbing fittings has come apart and the leak will be from either source.

When this happened, were you using a water pressure regulator? While RV water systems are supposed to be tested to 100#, although most are only guaranteed to 65# and most water pumps are set to supply only 45# of pressure. There are water systems which supply far more then 65# and exceeding 100# is more common than it should be. I have seen water supply pressures that were high enough to damage an RV water system.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I would turn off city water and then test with the pump to see if it cycles on, then stays off until someone uses water again as a good leak test. The pump will not stay off if there is water leaking and that would mean that you can use from the tank. It may also be one of the plumbing fittings has come apart and the leak will be from either source.

When this happened, were you using a water pressure regulator? While RV water systems are supposed to be tested to 100#, although most are only guaranteed to 65# and most water pumps are set to supply only 45# of pressure. There are water systems which supply far more then 65# and exceeding 100# is more common than it should be. I have seen water supply pressures that were high enough to damage an RV water system.

We agree that it's likely a plumbing fitting. That very thing happened with our second RV purchase in 2009 and the dealer fixed it. Taking it back tomorrow and hoping for a quick, smooth fix since we have a 10 day trip coming up. Definitely, we always use a water pressure regulator.

Look in the cabinets and places that you can see the water lines, Connections at sinks and faucets typically have a fitting that is hand tightened. Tighten everything you can reach. While checking, tighten all of the fittings on the drains and traps.

You should check all of these items yearly as they can shake loose.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Archived