Escapees RV Club Member Notice- Email Phishing Scam

Scout

I recieved an email from clubbusiness@escapees.com on December 23 titled "Escapees RV Club Member Notice- Email Phishing Scam" You will find the text of the email below. The following day I received a text notice from my credit card company of a $175.00 pending charge for fuel that was made at a 7-Eleven in north Houston, the card just happens to be the same I use to pay Escapee mail service invoices. I am currently in Georgia and have not been in Texas since Thanksgiving. If you do not get text or email messages regarding pending charges from your credit card card companies, you may ant to check your accounts.
Merry Christmas
Mike 

M/V Scout

email from clubbusiness@escapees.com
We learned this morning that the email address skpclubnews@escapees.com has been compromised. Thank you to the members who helped us catch this early. It this may be related to a ransomware attack that recently happened to our email provider, Rackspace.

The attachments often ask for you to submit payment for a variety of reasons. If you mistakenly entered any payment information, please contact your bank immediately.