Slide Out Topper Roller Support

jerryneal

I have a long slide out with a slide topper Roller support in the middle.  It has 4 screws, 2 top and 2 bottom.  The bottom screws are pulling out of the wall.  There's no stud, just the thin outer laminent.  Any idea want can be used to strengthen the bracket without ripping a whole in the wall?  Thinking a Molly or similar.

Jerry and Joan

2014 Ford F350 with 6.7 turbo, TrailerSaver

2014 40' Heartland Gateway Fifth wheel

iLoveRVlife.com

If you have enough of a flat surface on that bracket you could use contact cement OR make a thicker plate and cement it on and then fasten with molly

Jim Spence

2000 Dodge 3500 1 ton QC 4x4 dually 5.9 diesel LB

BD exhaust brake, 6 spd manual trans

34CKTS Cedar Creek 5er, Trail-Air hitch

3M 5200 Fast Cure Adhesive Bedding Sealant.  I used this on my fiberglass roof to attach brackets for 400 watts of solar panels.  No screws or any other hold down.  Solid for 4 years now.  Others have done the same thing, some use (sticky feet) but the fast cure is a lot cheaper.  Just don't expect to ever remove bracket.  

The roller has minimal amount of forward and backward stress due to the slider movement when the roller slides in and out.  I've seen a similar installs on dozens of RV's with long sliders.  The lower screws pulled out of the laminate.  Thinking a large Molly may be the answer.  Amazed there's no stud above the window of a 10ft slider.  

Jerry and Joan

2014 Ford F350 with 6.7 turbo, TrailerSaver

2014 40' Heartland Gateway Fifth wheel

iLoveRVlife.com

Archived