Crosswinds tore up the skirting

remoandiris

Drove across KS a few days ago.  Strong crosswinds/gust tore the skirting from the bottom screws of the rear road side panel.  Luckily I made it to a cg before the piece blew off.  Put it back in place as best I could and secured the skirting with big fender washers and new self-tapping screws.  Yesterday, while driving in Colorado, crosswinds/gusts tore up the skirting on a large piece on the front curb side of the coach.  I was out of fender washers so I took one from the rear panel I fixed the other day and used it on the right side.  Luckily it held until we got into Colorado Springs.  Once it gets a little warmer this week, I'll get some new hardware and reinforce all the skirting.  The little screws from the factory are too few.  Going to take a look all the way around the coach.  The winds also tore off a piece of plastic trim from the rear road side slide.  Will have to look around for one of those.  The coach is an orphan, but I'm sure similar color pieces from other marques are available.  

Archived