Slide Maintenance

I have a slide for the first time in a trailer. I bought some lubricant as I read the rubber seals should be lubricated every 6-8 weeks. I did the sides and the bottom underneath the slide. Is there someplace on top that I need to do it. Any other suggestion for routine maintenance that I should know? I'll have my RV place do it when they do the spring once over, but is there anything else I should be doing. Should I leave it out for a while every now and then or is it better kept shut?

One other thing, should I use this lubricant on the other rubber seals on the trailer or is there another product? I have the one for slides, but I also bought a dry silicone lubricant. It doesn't say what to use it on.

The trailer did not come with a topper awning so I had one installed. The dealer I bought it from said I didn't need one, but I just feel better about having it.

Thank you, as always for any assistance/information you can provide.

We have memories so that we might have roses in December.

http://travelswithmrnimble.blogspot.com/

Spraying the rubber seals every 6-8 weeks is excessive and only contributes to the bottom line of the lube manufacturer. Once or twice a year if you really must, although many experienced RVers never do and don't seem to suffer. The same thing could be said about toilet chemicals and rubber roof "preservatives". Your choice.

Archived