Motor home slides

cluwood56

The problem with making judgments based on internet discussion posts is that you get a rather distorted view of reality. Many posts are made by people who are upset by one thing or another about their RVs. There is absolutely no reason to believe that these posts represent an accurate depiction of consumer sentiments on these topics. They are nothing but the sentiments of individuals who are unhappy about something. Most likely, for every negative post about some feature of some RV there are many more customers who are either perfectly satisfied or at least aren't anywhere as upset.

This is true!

But when you see the same issue show up on a discussion like this as what my brother had, hydraulic issue it makes me wonder. Isn't that what you had?

I have worked in the repair industry for years and when you never see a complaint it makes you believe the product is good.

I had an issue with one company that their products were so good you only had to fix one once every three years but you never had to work on them so you had to call tech support every time. Guess what I put in my house!

Here's the thing. If you go on a jeep forum you will hear of all the problems with jeeps from disgruntled Jeep owners. You will not hear anything from the millions of happy Jeep owners. If you go on a Cummins diesel engine site you will end up scared to buy a motorhome with a cummins engine when in reality cummins has a great engine that is hard to beat with millions of them on the road.

Slides are here to stay....not many people want a mh with no slides. Millions of slides work perfectly. Just do it.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

Here's the thing. If you go on a jeep forum you will hear of all the problems with jeeps from disgruntled Jeep owners. You will not hear anything from the millions of happy Jeep owners. If you go on a Cummins diesel engine site you will end up scared to buy a motorhome with a cummins engine when in reality cummins has a great engine that is hard to beat with millions of them on the road.

Slides are here to stay....not many people want a mh with no slides. Millions of slides work perfectly. Just do it.

I knew that when I posted the forum!

I also know so far I have only seen issues with Hydraulic systems!

Are the only people on this forum ones with hydraulic slides? I don't think the odds of that are very good!

People without slides have no issue.

From what I see so far I just need to be more cautious of a motor home with hydraulic slides!

This is what I want to know before buying a motor home not after!

For anyone viewing this and you do or don't have slides with issue please respond with type and issues or no issues!

Thanks

Archived