Elon Musk: The World’s Raddest Man

RV_

OK it is no secret that I like Musk, enough to invest everything I had in savings save a small amount, as my retirement is separate. If any of you out there want to see a funny but short (considering the topics covered and all the pics of the factories) interview with Musk, starting with a cartoon about "The" phone call from Musk's PR lady, here is about as short a brief one can get. This is all real and fascinating. I know how he felt as I felt the same when the local owner of a Tesla, when he heard my background and investments in making the car happen told me to get in the driver seat and he would give me a tour. Then said, "OK, do you have the time to take it out and open her up?" And I did. The cartoon at the beginning shows just how that felt.

Excerpt:

"I’ll use this post to explore how he became a self-made billionaire and the real-life inspiration for Iron Man’s Tony Stark, but for the moment, I’ll let Richard Branson explain things briefly:

Whatever skeptics have said can’t be done, Elon has gone out and made real. Remember in the 1990s, when we would call strangers and give them our credit-card numbers? Elon dreamed up a little thing called PayPal. His Tesla Motors and SolarCity companies are making a clean, renewable-energy future a reality…his SpaceX [is] reopening space for exploration…it’s a paradox that Elon is working to improve our planet at the same time he’s building spacecraft to help us leave it.

So no, that was not a phone call I had been expecting.

A few days later, I found myself in pajama pants, pacing frantically around my apartment, on the phone with Elon Musk. We had a discussion about Tesla, SpaceX, the automotive and aerospace and solar power industries, and he told me what he thought confused people about each of these things. He suggested that if these were topics I’d be interested in writing about, and it might be helpful, I could come out to California and sit down with him in person for a longer discussion."

The rest is on the webpage here: http://waitbutwhy.com/2015/05/elon-musk-the-worlds-raddest-man.html

Safe investing!

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Bump for Tesla fan.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived