Texts While Driving

RV_

:wacko::lol:

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

re-reading this thread and it made me laugh, thinking of our "worse case scenario" we had. DH was towing our 5th wheel, thru a city. A little stressful. our daughters boyfriend calls hubbys phone. I answer. he asks for DH. i say " he is towing the trailer, in a city. is it a QUICK question, or can i have him call you back?" Boyfriend says.."um, can I talk to him?" 2 minutes later, I get the drift. He is asking permission to marry our daughter. Duh.

Of course, DH says he will have to talk about this some other time, causing the boyfriend a bunch of stress, no doubt. Oh well!

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Ironically what we find funny here is they passed a "distracted driving law" (no texting, calls, reading map/book, animals on lap, applying lipstick, writing, looking for something etc) a couple of years+ ago in our province, yet we see countless folks still abusing it. Beginning of the month especially when trying to meet their ticket quotas, we see cops supposedly incognito at traffic lights, notifying their buddies up ahead of the ones texting etc at the red lights prior to pull them over and ticket at $278 (I think that's the rate right now) for distracted driving. Yet isn't it funny how when a crash involved with a suspected distracted/drunk driver, upon asking the cops to do a breath test (right close to christmas) and check these teenagers cell phones for activity they wouldn't. Go figure the sense in that. All witnesses when asked what the lights were doing didn't know, as naturally their attention was drawn to the bang not the light signals. Most newer vehicles, my 2010 has it, offer a blue tooth option and my texts can be said to me whilst driving, so there's really no excuse in this day and age for eyes to be off the road more than a split second as with turning on a radio or channel.

Now with all that said and done, how the heck did we manage a couple of decades and less ago when some of us were lucky to have a house phone or pager for work. Still to this day when we sit down to eat as a family or visit with friends we put our crackberry's or iPhones or Androids in their place, with a discreet check every hour or two and an auto response that we are with clients in the meantime and will get back within 2 hours. It's no wonder folks are so stressed in this day and age, when really there's very little that can't wait a response for 20 minutes or so. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate your heart surgeon responding to his phone on demand like you might whilst operating on you!

By the way, be careful when pulling off the road to respond to a text as well. Home Inspector did that and got slammed behind by a semi causing major brain shake and neck injury - had to dissolve his business as couldn't get up on roofs safely any more after that incident and is afflicted for life.

When I am driving the phone stays in my pocket or if the wife is there she handles it. Calls etc. can wait until I stop and get time to check the phone. Anyone calling that I don't recognize may have to leave a message if they want me to call back.

That is just the way it is.

John mohamer aka kb0ou

Southwind 35P

ARS KB0OU

EX Submarine driver

Archived