recomend a tow dolly for Prius V

May we have your recomendation for tow dolly with brakes, for towing a Prius V (station wagon type model of Prius)--1. low clearence vechicle for loading on dolly 2. need rear bumper clearence during tow operation. Our tow is a class A. We're moving from our old light weight '93 Toyota PU with 300,000 +. The lighter weight toad market, for towing with 4 wheels down is disappearing, Toyota Rave, Honda CRV, Sabaru Outback all not towable with 4 wheels down anymore. Thank you for sharing your dolly & Prius experience.

We towed a Toyota Matrix on a Master Tow dolly for 3+ yrs. The low clearance was a minor problem. I had to put 2x12 boards on the ramps so the front would clear going up. Then once on I removed the boards. I did this rather than having to buy a more expensive dolly. I got mine used for $600 and sold it for the same price after using it all that time. What ever you find, try it with your Prius before you buy it. (we now have a CRV and tow 4-down, much easier) Dave.

2006 Coachmen Aurora 36ft. Class A motor home. 2009 Honda CRV toad. "Snowbirds" apprx. 6 mos. each year. Travelling to the SW each winter than returning to Wi. each summer. Retired and enjoying our travels along with Buddy the cat.

We tow our 2005 Pruis on a KarKaddy dolly. We have had no problems. I do put down 2x6 boards when loading and unloading at the end of the ramps so the front air dam does not hit the ramps.

The dolly has surge brakes, that is all I would run on a dolly. I do not like electric brakes if I can I stay away from them. It is hard enough to keep the light working!! ;)

Make sure you use a drop down hitch to get the tongue of the dolly at the proper height.

Southwind 35P

ARS KB0OU

EX Submarine driver

We tow a 2010 Prius with a RoadMaster tow dolly and electric brakes without any problems on or off. You should check the ball height with the mfg. I think mine was 18" but not sure. I do not drag on the front or rear when loading/unloading. Bill

I have a fiver so my TV is my transportation when parked. If I did need a toad I would either have a Toy hauler which would fit it, an HDT which would fit it, or a shed on wheels which would have room for the stuff and the toad. Reason? Ever try to back up a dolly?

Previously a 2017 Forest River, Berkshire 38A, "The Dragonship". https://dragonship.blog/

Archived