Maxx fan stopped working

Rick H

Hi.

First - long time lurker first time posting.  Wanted to say thanks to all who post and share insights & experiences... I have learned much.

Issue: After 2+ months, our Maxxfan 4401k is inoperative & I cannot find cause.

Addl info:  I possess only basic troubleshooting skills. Fan switch shares wiring with bathroom light & light works (I assume it’s not a fuse issue + checked fuse box ... fuse is for all DC power in bathroom & since light works ...).  When I checked the wiring the connections seemed secure (nothing loose). Tried the on/off switch on the fan itself (trying to eliminate the simple stuff), fan still inoperative.

Suggestions on next troubleshooting steps appreciated ... and keep it simple if you can.  Also appreciate explaination of flaws in my “logic” above.

Rick

I had the exact same problem . . . twice! Thor rep told me it was likely the Printed Circuit Board (or PCB). Said he could send me a new one and I could replace it myself. I told him I thought it was probably above my skill level and he assured me it was not and I could do it. The part arrived so I called him on speaker phone and he walked me thru the R&R. MUCH easier than I thought it would be. Fixed the problem for about a week or two until the same thing happened again. I called back and the Thor Customer service rep referred me to MaxxFan (or whatever the parent company is - I dont recall) customer service. He confirmed that they have gotten a bunch of bad PCBs on the 4401Ks and said he would send me a second one at no charge. I got it a few days later, swapped it out in 5 minutes, and it has worked fine for 4 months now. YMMV, but it worked for me, and just might for you too!

Archived