Dangerous to the wallet reading RV Forums:)!

Was reading on IRV2 about the iSocket 3G. Dang it if it did not do two of the things we wanted:

1) Informs us of the inside temperature remotely

2) Informs us of Power Outages. (In storage, and or while at an RV park.)

A side benefit, is the ability to remotely turn on a device if wanted. Like a plug in light, if we want to occasionally have the coach look like it has someone in it. Like where we store it close to a street next to a garage next door. We can now turn on the lights remotely for a period of time if we want. 

I went with the no contract Truphone 3G SIM, which at $.09 a text - should last for a few years before needing to be topped off. 

Took less then 4 days total to get the iSocket and the Truphone gear, set up the accounts and place in the coach. (iSocket was order in the AM, shipped that night from Finland, and was in San Diego on the second day...)

Just trying to share ways for us all to help the economy, and have new goodies to play with too:)!

Best to all,

Smitty

https://www.isocket3g.com/us/

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

Very cool!  Good to see other solutions to the problem.  I currently use a Leeo Smart Alarm. Like the device you linked to, it will notify you if the power goes out, but the main function is to listen for smoke and CO alarms.  Also works with water alarms (I have 3 positioned under the sink, shower, and water heater), and sometimes works with my propane alarm.  They've recently added listening for loud noises (glass breaking, dogs barking, random alarms) to iOS for an additional fee, with the feature coming to Android soon.  It doesn't have it's own cellular connection, but connects via Wifi.  I already have a cellphone that always stays with the full-time rig, so I have it connect to that.  The cellphone also acts as a security camera (Alfred app), locating beacon (if the rig were ever to be stolen), as well as the router for my LaCrosse Weather Station, smart outlets, and Ring Doorbell.  The Leeo doesn't have a monthly charge, which is nice too!

It's awesome to hear about what other folks are doing!

We went with the Sensored Life MarCell unit for monitoring our trailer while we are out and the dog is home alone.  It monitors Power, Temperature, and Humidity and can do water using optional wireless sensors. It has its own cellular service through Verison that runs $100 a year, which is less than a SIM and an additional line would cost.

They are running a deal on the cost of the unit right now at $169 https://www.sensoredlife.com/#/promotions?pid=SPRINGPROMO3008

Shawn and Andrea
Elvis the Cheagle Dog
2013 Volvo 730 / iShift / D13 XE Package / ET Hitch
2016 DRV Mobile Suites 43 Atlanta
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited

Read the blog at 40foothouse.com

R8O2pAw.jpg

Archived