Pasadena CA campground/Escapee driveway? Feb. 2018

jwil1208

I want to attend an event in Pasadena in Feb. 2018 and would appreciate your thoughts on a good place to park our 27-5L for four or five days. Eastshore looks like it is a time intensive trek in the morning to the Metro Gold Line (need to be in Pasadena by 8:15). Anything in the SF Valley? Or a family who would like to host us in their driveway? Thank you for your ideas.

There are two RV parks in the San Fernando Valley, Walnut RV Park and Balboa RV Park.  Both are west of the Van Nuys airport.

I stayed at Balboa RV Park when I worked in Los Angeles and can highly recommend it.  It's two miles north of the Metro Orange line for public transit and there is bus service that goes past the park to the station.  But it takes a couple of hours to get to Pasadena as the Metro lines are set up to deliver people to and from downtown LA.  The 405 north to 118, then 210 south into Pasadena usually flows pretty good.   Google Maps with their real time traffic information or Waze is your friend in LA.

Your 27 ft. 5th wheel will fit in any of their spaces, they have limited room for rigs over 32 ft., though.

Archived