Coolant loss in storage

Saab guy

I went to check on my 2002 HR endeavor DP 40 dst saw a very small amount of coolant in drip pan less than half a cup. I have never seen any coolant loss before and have only owned this unit for about 8 months has been in storage for 4 months. I did not see any coolant in drip pan in December when I was there last

Thanks in advance Bill

• 3 weeks later...

Might check the hose clamps. I had one fail on my Ford V10 engine. They used the type that just squeeze really tight and one of them corroded and broke while I was parked in New Orleans. When I started the engine, coolant came flowing down the side of the engine.

1613938_617536818339278_1914396681_n.jpg

I would definitely make a close inspection before starting the engine as the coolant has no pressure while cold but it does once the engine is warmed up and running. If something is seeping a bit now, it may well be a major problem if driven. With a coach that is 14 years old it could be time for new hoses and/or clamps or possibly something else. If you don't find any source, observe closely after you start the engine to make sure it doesn't suddenly get worse.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived