Recent Change to Direct TV Roku Channel

The Roku Direct TV channel was recently updated to provide access to both Direct Stream and satellite customers. You log in with your DTV account username and password and have access to the same channels as your satellite account. Prior to this you had to use the Roku app for each channel/network and go through a device activation process that required going to a website. Of course you need internet access to stream the content but if you are in located such that satellite reception is not available but have internet, you can stream your DTV channels. Roku seems to work fairly well with internet speeds above 1 mbs. An advantage I have found is that you can watch your DTV channels (different channels on each) on more than one TV without multiple receivers.

I know there are many that are not fans of DTV, but just thought I would pass this along for those DTV customers that were not aware of it yet.