Rebuilding Lippert Landing Gear

ANG0225

Thinking about rebuilding Lippert landing gear on RV. Has anyone ever done this? How can I make sure I order the right part?

Here is my plan. Support side of disabled leg. Remove as much of landing gear as I need to so that I can work on the gears. Rebuild. Replace.

Anything I need to consider?

Lippert #146059 seems to be the right part. Do I also need the aluminum gear box?

I removed and rebuilt the landing gear legs on my Lippert system on my Bighorn. I raised the front of the fiver a bit......place some heavy timbers under the frame and then totally removed the legs and rebult them on my work bench. Using kits that I bought from an online RV place I replaced the gears and shafts in the heads. At the same time I bought a new motor/ gear assembly and installed it in the original motor position. I then installed the old motor on the other leg and installed another switch so I had 2 motors driving those legs instead of one....made a big difference. I could also do a little adjusting for uneven ground with this setup.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

Archived