Solar Setups for Boondocking

no_decaf

Hi Boondork,

no_decaf I have a 2013 Arctic Fox 27 – 5L that I installed solar panels and a battery bank in myself and it's not as difficult as it looks. I have six 140 W panels, that I don't tilt, and I didn't put a single hole in my roof. I have a four Trojan T145 6 V battery bank that I have been living with Full Time for the last four months mostly Boondocking and the system has been working great.
I write about it in my blog, among other things and if you would like to check it out I'm at, http://www.theboondork.com/
I haven't written much about the actual install because I did all that before I started my blog. But if you would like detailed information about how I did it just asked me questions and I will be glad to give you pictures and details.

Nice blog, just subscribed to it on our RSS reader. If you can, please post more info on your solar setup, we're very interested as your situation seems very similar to what we're planning.

PS: nice nickname too! :-)

Thanks in advance,

--

Vall & Mo.

Getting ready to join the RV full-time lifestyle in 2017!

Thank you for your interest VallAndMo. I will be happy to give you all the information you would like but I don't want to hijack no_decaf's post by putting it here. But if you can jump over to my blog and post a comment about what you're interested in, I will tell you anything you would like to know, in fact I will probably make it into a blog post.

theboondork

Fulltiming in an Arctic Fox 27-5L

My Website and Blog is theboondork.com

Howdy Boondork,

But if you can jump over to my blog and post a comment about what you're interested in, I will tell you anything you would like to know, in fact I will probably make it into a blog post.

Will do! Thanks again.

Cheers,

--

Vall.

Getting ready to join the RV full-time lifestyle in 2017!

Archived