toy hauler for kayaks and bikes; or other options?

TBrase

Congratulations on your purchase, I sure like mine. There is an Open Range Owners.com forum we hit 4000 members in June 2014 there is all kinds of info and ideas on it. Go on over and take a look you will be welcomed.

Dave Watkins

Highland Village, TX

2014 F-350 Dually

Open Range 349RLR

VisitedStatesMap.gif

I appreciate your original suggestion of the 346! Had to do some searching, but my wife and I are excited for the delivery early april. (It will actually be classified as a 2016!)

I did get registered over at the OR Forum and submitted an intro post.

Thanks!

Congratulations on your purchase, I sure like mine. There is an Open Range Owners.com forum we hit 4000 members in June 2014 there is all kinds of info and ideas on it. Go on over and take a look you will be welcomed.

My question is: Are there other suggestions for hauling 2 kayaks, 2 bikes, and fishing equipment other than in a toy hauler? Kayaks won't fit in pickup bed; wife would like bikes inside or covered.

I have a 5th wheel and elected to install a "goal post" on the front 2" receiver, along with a head ache rack behind the cab. My kayak extends just 8 inches into the bed space. I can send you a picture if you PM me. Whoops...must have missed the picture from SPII

We just finished a 8 foot wide by 10 foot long roof rack for the garage portion of our camper which will hold a canoe, kayak, paddleboard, and maybe something else (probably put bikes in the garage pod itself). We hacked a aluminum truck rack and added 8020 cross members.

roofrack1.jpg

Archived