East I70 vs I80

Jkdolan

Where would you pickup I-80? Seems like it would add quite a few miles. It has been a couple of years but last time we drove I-70, Indiana was the worst stretch. We usually drop down I-79 to I-68 rather than using the PA turnpike. I-68 will end at I-70 which will take you to I-81 to Harrisburg. It is more miles, but no tolls and no tunnels if that matters.

I-74 to I-64 to I-79 to I-68 to I-70 to I-81 will add miles. I-64 seems to have less traffic than I-70. We have driven I-64 East from St. Louis to I-79 many times and it is usually in pretty good shape.

Edited by trailertraveler

On 8/6/2019 at 8:00 AM, Jkdolan said:

We are traveling East from Indianapolis to Harrisburg area. I70 or I80 as far as road quality?  I70 in Indy is TERRIBLE.  We are not in a hurry but would like to stay somewhat on major roads. 
Thanks for any info

Wasn't sure which of the 8 Harrisburg cities in the U.S. you were actually talking about at first.  Now it makes sense.  Don't know about that section of I-70, but I'm starting to think all parts of I-70 have been ignored by every state it passes through.  From Denver west was one of the worse roads I have every been on when we came that way last month.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)