Routes

gayle b

On 1/7/2018 at 1:34 PM, OldMan said:

BigJim, I will send you a PM with a screen grab of the error message I get. I'll send it to Kirk, too, in the name of thoroughness. I am unable to use the site, while at the same time, using my regular wifi in my house, as my IP appears to be blocked. Perhaps someone with greater knowledge of your system than I will have another answer. But when I am on my home IP address, I am blocked. Right now I am on the remote wifi of my ISP,  which has a different IP address. Based on the available evidence, it appears as if there is a block on my IP. As I said, perhaps someone with greater knowledge... <shrug />

BTW, I like the joke. ;)

Did you check firewalls, antivrus software, proxies, ad blockers. Clear your history. Just some thoughts when I straighten out lappys for those with similar problems. Most always a computer problem, or not nearly as much, isp block. 

Skp #98641
2018 Ram 3500 Heavy Duty Laramie CC DRW LB
2018 Durango Gold 380FLF 5th Wheel
My Email

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, OldMan said:

I worked in tech for 10 years. Way ahead of ya, but thanks. Whatever was happening went away.

OK. Good you checked. I go back to the days of a IBM 360, back in the 60''s, programmed with wires.   At least, it's fixed, that''s what's important. 

Skp #98641
My Email

26 minutes ago, CapeMayAl said:

OK. Good you checked. I go back to the days of a IBM 360, back in the 60''s, programmed with wires.   At least, it's fixed, that''s what's important. 

I'm a Mac guy, I was a newspaper photographer for 30 years Started using computers in '92 when we got away from making prints, and started scanning with Kodak 835S scanners. Nice but HUGE!!! I go all the way back to Photoshop v2.0

My phone is more powerful than my first Mac. Man, a 360. Got me beat all to hell. Javascript libraries were as far as I got. Then I got old.

Probably added years to my life, getting away from chemicals. I use a 2009 Mac Pro and a 2007 MacBook Pro. Both work surprisingly well, though when i hit the road, a newer Macbook Pro (but not brand new, I never buy new cars or computers). Will be acquired and the tower sold. SSDs from the tower (three of 'em) will be placed in external housings. Lots of flash drives for backup. I. Do. Not. Trust. Cloud. I'l keep the old Macbook Pro for a recording rig.

3 hours ago, OldMan said:

I'm a Mac guy, I was a newspaper photographer for 30 years Started using computers in '92 when we got away from making prints, and started scanning with Kodak 835S scanners. Nice but HUGE!!! I go all the way back to Photoshop v2.0

My phone is more powerful than my first Mac. Man, a 360. Got me beat all to hell. Javascript libraries were as far as I got. Then I got old.

Probably added years to my life, getting away from chemicals. I use a 2009 Mac Pro and a 2007 MacBook Pro. Both work surprisingly well, though when i hit the road, a newer Macbook Pro (but not brand new, I never buy new cars or computers). Will be acquired and the tower sold. SSDs from the tower (three of 'em) will be placed in external housings. Lots of flash drives for backup. I. Do. Not. Trust. Cloud. I'l keep the old Macbook Pro for a recording rig.

I hate windows, didn't care much for Mac's.  Use Ubuntu Linux and works well and fast.  Whatever works is the best.

Our first aid squad got one of the 1st "Trash 80s" in Philadelphia area.  7" floppies. LOL.  Those were the days.

Skp #98641
My Email

22 minutes ago, CapeMayAl said:

I hate windows, didn't care much for Mac's.  Use Ubuntu Linux and works well and fast.  Whatever works is the best.

Our first aid squad got one of the 1st "Trash 80s" in Philadelphia area.  7" floppies. LOL.  Those were the days.

I used a Trash 80 when I was a reporter., though I was mostly a photographer, occasionally I was called upon to do double duty. Imagine using a phone line for true high-speed, now. Yeesh.

I've always been a Mac guy, never a programmer Macs are best for photo/music types like me. Well, they're just better for me. I'll use Windy if being paid. Half the time, when i was a contractor, I'd get "scraping the bottom," computers and often, esp for photoshop stuff, I'd just work the image in PS and pull iot over with a flash drive. Of course, a user could also use GIMP, which is a free, open-source graphics-editing solution and it's damned good. But it's not Photoshop.

36 minutes ago, OldMan said:

I used a Trash 80 when I was a reporter., though I was mostly a photographer, occasionally I was called upon to do double duty. Imagine using a phone line for true high-speed, now. Yeesh.

I've always been a Mac guy, never a programmer Macs are best for photo/music types like me. Well, they're just better for me. I'll use Windy if being paid. Half the time, when i was a contractor, I'd get "scraping the bottom," computers and often, esp for photoshop stuff, I'd just work the image in PS and pull iot over with a flash drive. Of course, a user could also use GIMP, which is a free, open-source graphics-editing solution and it's damned good. But it's not Photoshop.

I used to be a wedding photog and video in the later years.  I'll admit that after trying adobe cuts on a windows rig, I switched that job to macs.  

Skp #98641
My Email

Archived