Classes of 2008 and 2009

Here we are in the Wisconsin Dells. It actually rained last night and today too. We haven't seen any rain for the last 3 months or so. You guys on the West coast just take it in stride, but it's a treat for us. It was miserably hot yesterday though. They said the heat index was 119, and I believe it, I was dripping. I guess we'll stay and play a little in "the dells" today before moving on toward Mt. Rushmore. I don't think we'll hit any cool weather until we get to the continental divide. :lol:

This is a nice park called "Country Road". Right near the Dells, with fhu's, 50A, nice grassy spaces, and many pull throughs. They give an Escapee discount 15%, so the price was $32, a good deal for this area.

Edited by Steved44

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HMMMMM never thought about them not liking crab, isn't that Un-American or something? :unsure: Hey I offered to share some of my catch with you guys................

Joe

How could you share them? You didn't have any. You had salmon but you didn't share it either. We're coming back when you least expect it. Heck, we might be on our way right now. You'll never know until we get there 'cuz we won't tell. :D

It actually rained last night and today too. We haven't seen any rain for the last 3 months or so. You guys on the West coast just take it in stride, but it's a treat for us.

Actually, it hasn't been that bad other than this has been a very different summer. We've had way more rain than normal and the temperatures have been a lot cooler than it normally is. I guess it has been everywhere though.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Now that was funny!! Since we've been on the Oregon coast for nearly a month now, we're thinking that they're waiting until we leave to show up. :lol: I think they might be afraid we'll make them go crabbing with us. I'm not sure crabbing is for everyone as Marsha and Sandie and I have discussed. I'll share my pictures of them on my blog but I won't share the crabs we catch!! :lol:

Count me as one who'll settle for the pictures. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Here we are in the Wisconsin Dells.

Drive down to Baraboo and go to the Circus Museum. Small big top show was fabulous! We also liked the magic show we went to in the Dells. The tricks start in the lobby before you even get into the theater. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

How could you share them? You didn't have any. You had salmon but you didn't share it either. We're coming back when you least expect it. Heck, we might be on our way right now. You'll never know until we get there 'cuz we won't tell. :D

Maybe that's cause you showed up BEFORE the season opened. :o Last night I cooked up a big bowl of Crab Pasta Alfredo for dinner. The neighbors and I really enjoyed it.

I'll believe any of you are showing up when I see the White's of your eyes. :P

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Update: Now in homeless in Chanute, KS, at the super 8 unitl July 22. Not fun but repairs are being made to our 'home' and the estimate was MUCH better than we anticipated! Just now much fun and not much to do in the very samll town. Oh, one of the joys of ownwership!

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

Well, we went to a nice out of the way restaurant in the "Dells" called Ishnala Supper Club. It's right on mirror lake, secluded in the trees and a great meal with "ambiance". We had fillet mignon, prawns, and a nice Cabernet to wash it down. You need to have a really good meal once and a while just to keep your balance! We had been to the Dells before, so we really didn't do any of the tourist stuff, but drove around and looked at everything. T-shirts or taffy anyone?? We did go to one attraction called "top secret", which was housed in an upside down White House, but it was not worth all the hype!

We are heading out West tomorrow morning, so Joe, hang on to the baaaad whiskey. Steve

ps: Linda, we have been to Baraboo and you're right that circus musuem and show were something else!!

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I'm all hooked up and ready to pull out in the morning. I'll be going to the Fam Camp at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, CO. I've heard it is a supper Fam Camp. I'll let you know when I get there. Normally I don't stop in Colorado I sail right on through because the RV Park Owners association put so much pressure on the State to raise the prices of the State parks then they raised their prices so that it's hard to find a park for less than $45. So Normally I don't let the state have any of my money. But the Fam Camp only cost $20 a night and from all I've heard it is 1st Class. It also gives me a chance to visit the Base Exchange and use the medical facilities if I need to do so. I'm needing a new prescription for my blood pressure meds so this will be a good time to get it. When I leave there I don't know where I'll end up because New Mexico is still having trouble with wild fires or the parks are closed to repair damages for the fires that have been extinguished. I might go to Pie Town. There is a county park there that is free to boondock in and has no time limit. Or possible go over to Blue Water Lake State Park, south and east of Gallup. I've heard it's a nice park and is out of the wild fire area but it may be HOT there. Or I could go up to Joe's and drink up all his Cranberry Juice but his crab is safe and so is the Baaaaaad Whishey. I must be anti American or at least Anti Washintonian. I can't stand crab and my wife loved the stuff.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

HMMMMM never thought about them not liking crab, isn't that Un-American or something? :unsure: Hey I offered to share some of my catch with you guys................

Joe

We love crabs, you better have a bunch stocked up before we get there. We actually caught some in Texas City, Tx one time.

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

We love crabs, you better have a bunch stocked up before we get there. We actually caught some in Texas City, Tx one time.

Ya but at the rate your traveling they will be extinct by the time you get here. :lol:

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

[/quote

Most of the Crabs caught in Texas will go away with a dose of that Blue Lotion. :P

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

Here I am planted right smack dab in the middle of the Air Force Academy. The check in proceedure was very nice. They really are out to please their guest. I find the sites a little wacky not too lever and I'm on a set that has three site, the fronts of the rigs are all facing the single drive and right up close to each other. I was fortunate that there was no one in the third site directly across from me because I had to use that site to get my truck out after I unhooked. The tongue on the trailer in the second site was right at the door of my truck. I had to really watch it when I opened the door. Other than the crazy layout I like the place except for it being in a pine forest and you know what pine trees do to solar panels. I should climb up and spray them with WD 40 before they get pine pitch dripped all over them. At least it would wash right off that way. They warned about bears coming into the park. If they are bare cowgirls that suits me just fine. Tomorrow I'll check out the Base then the next day I'll check out Colorado Springs. I was planing on going to the Officers/NCO club tonight for dinner but they don't have a dinning room in this club. So I'll save it until tomorrow and go to Carrabba's in town and put on a few pounds. A full report will follow as I go. If I stay the second week you'll know I like it.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I see on the "Today's Birthdays" that Jim & Sandie (not sure which one or both) is having a birthday today! Happy Birthday!

Paul (and Marsha) :D

Thanks guys. That would be me. Jim's isn't until September. I keep thinking I'm not going to have any more of these stupid things but they keep coming around every year. Jim is fixing me a steak on the grill with corn on the cob and a salad. Sounds really good to me.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Thanks guys. That would be me. Jim's isn't until September. I keep thinking I'm not going to have any more of these stupid things but they keep coming around every year. Jim is fixing me a steak on the grill with corn on the cob and a salad. Sounds really good to me.

You know the alternative to having birthdays is not having any more of them. And that don't sound very enticing. I want you to have a bunch more of birthdays. Happy Birthday Sandy

Happy Birthday!! What time is dinner? We're on our way. :lol: :lol:

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

I've looked at the laundry basket about 5 times today and it just sits there and don't seem to be getting done. I think I'll run into Town and check out Cheyenne. Maybe it'll get done while I'm gone. If not there is always tomorrow. It was pea soup fog when I got up this morning but it has burned off and is a rather nice day so far. Bright sun, only a few white puffy clouds and 76 degrees with an 8 mph breeze. Lets hope it stays that way. I took a long walk and checked out the place this morning. It's strickly a tourist trap but I enjoy watching the people. Down by the corral and train station they have a camel a few ostrich a couple of Lama and hourse from dog sized to Budweiser Brutes. Several bus loads of kids came in and where being intertained by men dressed like cowboys talking to them. I might survive the week and not take part in any of it but it will be hard to stay out of the Senators Restaurant and Brass Buffalo Bar. That Buffalo Burger is sounding better every time I try to cook myself a meal. There was also a large group of Red Hat Ladies wandering around. It looks like they came to have lunch in the restaurant then decided to tour the place in little groups of 2 or 3 ladies. Well, It's off to Cheyenne, I have to see if that laundry gets done while I'm gone.

and...there's goats! Don't forget the goats! I Looooove Terry Bison Ranch! We had a family reunion in June last year and stop there when ever we're in the area. I'd imagine they'll be about full for Frontier Days. I didn't think the P.A discount is good then either, but great place to stay. The restaurant has always been really good when we're there. Hope you enjoy some of that Buffalo....it's really good for ya too! I rented 5 cabins there too..and if ya watch far over across the pasture up on the hills in the evenings there's a herd of Elk. Have fun and enjoy! We're sitting in Alma NE baking slowly.

No news much from us. just family stuff for now and praying for cooler weather!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

I see on the "Today's Birthdays" that Jim & Sandie (not sure which one or both) is having a birthday today! Happy Birthday!

Paul (and Marsha) :D

Happy Birthday Sandie!

Edited by mskayndan

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Here I am planted right smack dab in the middle of the Air Force Academy. The check in proceedure was very nice. They really are out to please their guest. I find the sites a little wacky not too lever and I'm on a set that has three site, the fronts of the rigs are all facing the single drive and right up close to each other. I was fortunate that there was no one in the third site directly across from me because I had to use that site to get my truck out after I unhooked. The tongue on the trailer in the second site was right at the door of my truck. I had to really watch it when I opened the door. Other than the crazy layout I like the place except for it being in a pine forest and you know what pine trees do to solar panels. I should climb up and spray them with WD 40 before they get pine pitch dripped all over them. At least it would wash right off that way. They warned about bears coming into the park. If they are bare cowgirls that suits me just fine. Tomorrow I'll check out the Base then the next day I'll check out Colorado Springs. I was planing on going to the Officers/NCO club tonight for dinner but they don't have a dinning room in this club. So I'll save it until tomorrow and go to Carrabba's in town and put on a few pounds. A full report will follow as I go. If I stay the second week you'll know I like it.

Now you're in my second home! WE have family there and I'll be headed in on the 15th of Aug. Now if you get tired of that arrangement...there's a park out on hwy 24 called Falcon Meadows. We've stayed there and not bad...you wouldn't be under those trees. Some sites with, and some without. Hope you get to do some fun stuff while you're there. We always stay at the Fountain KOA south of town, because it's close to our storage garage, they have a weekly rate. Don't know what you're wanting to see, but we took the Cog Railway up Pikes Peak and that was very relaxing and interesting ride. It leaves from Manitou. Yes...Bears do frequent that area, also right in town sometimes. Be Bear Aware at night!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Well, we went to a nice out of the way restaurant in the "Dells" called Ishnala Supper Club. It's right on mirror lake, secluded in the trees and a great meal with "ambiance". We had fillet mignon, prawns, and a nice Cabernet to wash it down. You need to have a really good meal once and a while just to keep your balance! We had been to the Dells before, so we really didn't do any of the tourist stuff, but drove around and looked at everything. T-shirts or taffy anyone?? We did go to one attraction called "top secret", which was housed in an upside down White House, but it was not worth all the hype!

We are heading out West tomorrow morning, so Joe, hang on to the baaaad whiskey. Steve

ps: Linda, we have been to Baraboo and you're right that circus musuem and show were something else!!

Safe travels you guys! We're still baking here, but not nearly like Guthrie! You can be glad you're not there right now! Wow it's hot...and it just don't give up! They're saying a cool front going through tomorrow night, may cool us down to 95. Whoopie. We are mostly staying in. ;(

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Enjoy that broken steak that Jim is "fixing" for you. Happy Birthday girlfriend.

Hugs

Toni

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png