CLASS OF 2016

it's official we are now South Dakotans, took about 45 minutes to get our drivers licenses today- they are only open on Tuesdays in Madison. 

we stopped and met out insurance agent and mail forwarding service person all very nice. 

Lake Herman SP in Madison is really nice and peaceful, except for all the wind

take care 

lake herman2 - Copy.jpg

2016 Bighorn 3760EL

Steve, Dara and Mattie dog

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Too Funny!  I became a legal licensed driver in SD last Friday - but on the other side of the state in Hot Springs.

Already had my vehicles insured and plates, so just had to finish up.  In Hot Springs the drivers license

people are only there on Fridays and it's at the Senior Center.  Such a lovely little town and such nice folks.

Heading back thru WY, ID and OR, then down to AZ.  Hope to miss the fires and steer clear of closed

roads.  Good travels to everyone!

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, dirtyboots said:

Hey Rav - you are being ignored on this thread :)  I'm no where near you, but thought I'd chime in just for fun.  Heading in the

morning towards Reno, NV, then down to AZ for the winter.  Ready for a break in the travel.  Hope you are having a great time.

Where are you going in AZ for winter? I'm headed to Catalina area just north of Tucson for Dec-Mar. Love it there and love watching the weather app for all my friends and relatives slugging it out back in Maine.

Cheers,

Don

13 hours ago, Mainuh said:

Where are you going in AZ for winter? I'm headed to Catalina area just north of Tucson for Dec-Mar. Love it there and love watching the weather app for all my friends and relatives slugging it out back in Maine.

Staying in Wickenburg for 5 (count 'em) 5 months.  No snow, no plowing, no shoveling and no icy roads.  Last winter I actually apologized to the folks who bought my house in NE Washington since it was such a hard winter :)

Edited by dirtyboots

9 hours ago, dirtyboots said:

Staying in Wickenburg for 5 (count 'em) 5 months.  No snow, no plowing, no shoveling and no icy roads.  Last winter I actually apologized to the folks who bought my house in NE Washington since it was such a hard winter :)

Got to Wickenburg last winter and enjoyed some of the team roping competitions while staying at the nearby Escapee park. May swing that way for a bit if I end up going to Quartzsite again this year. Enjoy!

Cheers,

Don

10 hours ago, Mainuh said:

Got to Wickenburg last winter and enjoyed some of the team roping competitions while staying at the nearby Escapee park. May swing that way for a bit if I end up going to Quartzsite again this year. Enjoy!

We might have been neighbors!  I was at North Ranch the month of February but spent the rest of the time in Wickenburg.  Have a friend in Apache Jct tell me it was 97 today, so glad I'm not there now.

On 10/16/2017 at 1:06 AM, dirtyboots said:

Hey Rav - you are being ignored on this thread :)  I'm no where near you, but thought I'd chime in just for fun.  Heading in the

morning towards Reno, NV, then down to AZ for the winter.  Ready for a break in the travel.  Hope you are having a great time.

thanks for the "bump" let us know how it goes in AZ. we used to live in the Scottsdale area before we moved to Elkhart in 2001. talk about a change . 

next year we will head west and visit the Phoenix area. looking forward to spending a few years there

2016 Bighorn 3760EL

Spending a week in Pahrump at the Escapees Pair A Dice park.  Used to go to Scottsdale in Feb. for the horse show....back when you could drive down Bell Road thru fields and a few horse ranches.  My how things have changed.  Wickenburg has changed too, but they've done a pretty good job of retaining the old town flavor and I spend the winter with a bunch of ranch/horse/mule people who talk my language.  Fun place. 

Enjoy your winter!

18 hours ago, dirtyboots said:

Spending a week in Pahrump at the Escapees Pair A Dice park.  Used to go to Scottsdale in Feb. for the horse show....back when you could drive down Bell Road thru fields and a few horse ranches.  My how things have changed.  Wickenburg has changed too, but they've done a pretty good job of retaining the old town flavor and I spend the winter with a bunch of ranch/horse/mule people who talk my language.  Fun place. 

Donna, I think of you often and wonder how traveling with your horse went. I'm glad to hear you are at least finding people who speak your language.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

6 hours ago, sandsys said:

Donna, I think of you often and wonder how traveling with your horse went. I'm glad to hear you are at least finding people who speak your language.

Linda Sand

Hey Linda - I've been on the road for one year now, but never was able to travel with any of my horses.  Too many years and too much of life got in the way.  My old cat died earlier this year, so I'm really solo now!  Staying in Wickenburg rekindles memories and we all like to swap stories :)  Thanks for the note.

Hello all, 

New to the thread. Just realized this BOF existed. So tomorrow is our 1-year anniversary full timing.  Whoop Whoop!  Sold our home of 25 years and all our stuff prior to leaving. Bought our first RV 3 years ago, and joined Escapees then, although we have never participated in any of the events or stayed at a Rainbow park. It has been a great 1st year. We spent last winter in Florida and most of the summer in the Michigan UP. We volunteered as Lighthouse Keepers for two weeks, which was fun and we're currently returning to Florida once again for this winter.  We are making plans to spend the next year out west, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Balloon Fiesta and maybe winter in Yuma.  

TTFN

Tim

Our blog: http://americantradition.net/

Welcome Timothy - this isn't the  most active graduation year, but we do have something so say on occasion.  Your volunteer job at the Lighthouse sounds like a grand time.  As you head to Florida, I'm just a couple days away from Wickenburg, AZ.  Looking forward to seeing folks I met last year and taking a break from the road.  Chime  in anytime, glad to have you aboard.

welcome to the class

where are you going to be in Florida? we will be volunteering at Topsail State Park Jan-March. we need to be in Indiana in July then we head out west 

you need to stay at a Rainbow Park, we have been to two- the first one was in Summerdale and we learned a lot from the seasoned veterans, we really had a great time there. 

safe travels 

2016 Bighorn 3760EL

On 10/28/2017 at 6:48 PM, Rav said:

we will be in Summerdale at the Rainbow Plantation for December  

We are currently in Rockport, Texas doing hurricane disaster relief but plan to be in Summerdale at the Rainbow Plantation mid-December until right after Christmas. Maybe we can meet up.

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

2 minutes ago, Rover said:

We are currently in Rockport, Texas doing hurricane disaster relief but plan to be in Summerdale at the Rainbow Plantation mid-December until right after Christmas. Maybe we can meet up.

Vicki

Sounds good- we look forward to meeting you. 

2016 Bighorn 3760EL

• 3 weeks later...

Hope everyone is enjoying their Thanksgiving Day.  Warm here in Wickenburg and the park hosts a dinner out on the lawn....poor me!  Another chance to sit around and yak with a bunch of fun people!

I'll try not to take any of the 'Bad Idea' roads when I start moving again next Spring!  A nice person I met last year has been schooling me in the fine art of boondocking so I'll be able to spend time in more remote places AND be prepared if anything should go wrong, go wrong, go wrong...

It's winter (almost)....where are you?

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all our "classmates"

we are at the Ho Hum RV Park in Carrabelle, FL. going to a pot luck dinner at 2 pm. going to be a great time

it rained last night- the sun is trying to come out 

take care

Thanksgiving 2017  2- Copy.jpg

2016 Bighorn 3760EL

Hello Everyone!!  New to the thread but began full time August 1st 2016 after selling home in Meridian, Idaho along with all of the clutter.  Still have storage area but primarily for vehicle we use when we return to visit kids and grandchildren.  I retired from Boise Fire Dept. and Wife from Meridian School District, we are now able to explore the country.  Spent last fall traveling to South Dakota and became residence. Then on to Maine and then down the east coast to Florida over to Texas and then back to Boise for Summer.  This winter we are in the Phoenix area and will stay here until March.  Have found pros and cons for wintering in both areas but have enjoyed all three areas.  Stayed in Carrabel Beach and loved it except for the no-see-ums and distance to shopping then over the Navarre.  Navarre was a great location except for the traffic.  Next to Aransas Pass Texas, really liked the area, lots to do but we were spoiled by the beauty of the Fla. beaches compared to the Texas ones.

Mesa AZ is good we are at a great park with a lot of activities and good number of individuals close to our age.  Very convenient shopping in the area weather is great so far. 

We will be camp hosting in Cascade Idaho next summer and then hope to head back to Florida for the winter.

Look forward to communicating and learning from others on the site.

Welcome Retired fire - you certainly have been on the move and seen a lot since going full time.  What part of South Dakota did you stop in for the DL.  Rav was on the east side - I was on the west side of the state at almost the same time.  Glad you are enjoying Mesa.

I've heard wonderful things about Cascade, Idaho!  Not been to that part of the state but have enjoyed the very Northern Panhandle and some of 84 across the southern portion. 

Safe travels and keep in touch.

• 1 month later...

We had a great time at the Rainbow Plantation, even with the "cooler" weather we managed to get in several bike rides at Gulf Shores State Park. Christmas and New Years were really fun too, lots to eat. LOL

Now we are at Topsail Hill Preserve State Park in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. Arrived on Jan 1st and are camp hosting until the end of March. the weather is slowly starting to warm up, it's 60 today but raining. next few days look promising weather wise, we did enjoy a camp fire with a few of the other hosts last night.

take care

maybe everyone will thaw out a little and check in........

2016 Bighorn 3760EL