Neo/Russ

Class of 2011

got first offer on the Stx & Brx…counter in am….no brainer….it will be up to the bank….if they take the offer….or just take it...

start preparing for first garage sale….next weekend….

already have 12 foot enclosed utility trailer sitting in driveway loaded with first load to city dump….

things are moving along….

Welcome Cajun!

We still haven't had a single offer on our condo in 10 months now. But if we don't get going soon, we won't get going at all this year, so we are going to put it up for lease as well as for sale and hit the road in very early August. We haven't wanted to lease it, but we don't want to keep waiting either. Realtor is much more optimistic about our being able to lease it.

We working like crazy making and doing all the final preparations.

Will head to Livingston, Texas to establish domicile. DW then wants to go to the Diamond Crater in Arkansas. We will work our way across the SE to Myrtle Beach and then down to Florida for this winter.

And one of these days DW will actually restart the blog.

Edited by BooneDocks

We finally got everything done at our S & B and tenants have moved in. We have been weekend camp hosts since May 15 and officially spent the last night sleeping in the S & B on June 22. So, I guess we have been full-timers since June 22, 2011. We love it so far and can't see anything changing how we feel about this type of lifestyle. Can't wait to start doing a little bit of travelling.

Good for you Pete and Pat

BooneDocks..maybe leasing is the answer to get you down the road...maybe getting someone in will lead to a sale down the road

BC...hope things work out how you want

Sometime we have things get in the way of our dreams...we can only go around, over or through those obstacles to pursue our dreams or let them die...JMO

Just caught up with this thread and the biggest news update we have is we finally sold our house after it sat on the market over a year (four months vacant)... We moved from North Carolina over to Spartanburg SC for a while where we had some maintenance done on the MH at Gaffney SC. From here we made our way down to the Florida Keys where we have been for about a month. We leave here on Friday where we will move slowly NE towards DC, Boston, NY and Maine. Will try to check in more ofter with the 2011 classmates :)

Just caught up with this thread and the biggest news update we have is we finally sold our house after it sat on the market over a year (four months vacant)... We moved from North Carolina over to Spartanburg SC for a while where we had some maintenance done on the MH at Gaffney SC. From here we made our way down to the Florida Keys where we have been for about a month. We leave here on Friday where we will move slowly NE towards DC, Boston, NY and Maine. Will try to check in more ofter with the 2011 classmates :)

Congratulations on the sale of your home, now you only have your house on wheels. Have fun and be safe

Welcome Cajun!

We still haven't had a single offer on our condo in 10 months now. But if we don't get going soon, we won't get going at all this year, so we are going to put it up for lease as well as for sale and hit the road in very early August. We haven't wanted to lease it, but we don't want to keep waiting either. Realtor is much more optimistic about our being able to lease it.

We working like crazy making and doing all the final preparations.

Will head to Livingston, Texas to establish domicile. DW then wants to go to the Diamond Crater in Arkansas. We will work our way across the SE to Myrtle Beach and then down to Florida for this winter.

And one of these days DW will actually restart the blog.

It's hard to believe you haven't had any offers yet. It looks like the real estate market is still in the dumps.

Good luck with the lease arrangement. Maybe they will buy it when the lease is up.

It's hard to believe you haven't had any offers yet. It looks like the real estate market is still in the dumps.

Good luck with the lease arrangement. Maybe they will buy it when the lease is up.

I believe the market is all about price….only steals sell…unless you have a unique or spectacular property….

there is no pack to run with…

I was able to sell mine…..by dropping the price 10k every few weeks until it sold….(sell…wishful thinking….have a contract)

and I started out selling it at a lost….

I have had at least 50 showings….many multiple showing in a day….house is in demand area…..

house was larger and more expensive than typical first time homebuyer house in this area….

only one offer….

the last couple of years in this area, that is typical….you can't overprice in this market hoping someone will make you a lower offer….that is not the norm….like it used to be….

if it isn't priced right…..no offers….

doesn't make sense….but reality...

Hello Class of 2011. We did it. :lol: The house closed and we have been "on the road" for 6 weeks now. We spent the last 6 weeks moochdocking in my sisters back yard. It has been wonderful. (Besides no CG fees) We have finally had the chance to get the closeness we had as kids back again. It seems since we grew up we have been so busy with our lives we forget about keeping family near. We are having fun planning the rest of the year and then tossing it out for something else we would rather do. It is great to have the freedom to just do as we want ...........well .....as long as finances allow anyway.

My heart breaks for anyone stil waiting for the house to sell. Know you are in my thoughts and when it does sell we will rejoice with you. :D I fully realize how lucky we were to have our house sell quickly.

I hope we get to meet in a CG one day soon.

Vicky

I believe the market is all about price….only steals sell…unless you have a unique or spectacular property….

there is no pack to run with…

I was able to sell mine…..by dropping the price 10k every few weeks until it sold….(sell…wishful thinking….have a contract)

and I started out selling it at a lost….

I have had at least 50 showings….many multiple showing in a day….house is in demand area…..

house was larger and more expensive than typical first time homebuyer house in this area….

only one offer….

the last couple of years in this area, that is typical….you can't overprice in this market hoping someone will make you a lower offer….that is not the norm….like it used to be….

if it isn't priced right…..no offers….

doesn't make sense….but reality...

I feel your pain. We sold ours in Feb and lost 120K. We only had a couple of showings and got lucky when one of them bought it.

We are still hoping our house will sell soon.

On the up side met some nice people yesterday that are also class of 2011. We met them at the lunch at the Escapees park in Livingston. Their names were Bob and Dawn from Arkansas. They were headed to Maine and out of the heat which made me jealous.

Great Cajun! We've had a couple of showings but no offer yet. Doesn't matter, the wife and I are on the road starting Sunday. The agent has the key and can sell it when ever. We'll just be back for closing and final clean out. Hope you're out soon and on the road. The stress level just seems to drop totally. Well, except for finding a site, working through the maintenance problems but other wise - just read my Kindle and do hamming while wife quilts. On the road again!

left the Keys after a month and now in the Melbourne Florida area for a few days...

Isn't it a little warm to still be in FL. We left Port ST Lucie in Feb, are now sitting in Colorado. High for the month is 81....

Dallas

we're currently parked in the SKP Park Sierra north of Fresno. Highs in the mid-80's - cool nights - terrific weather!

Getting things ready to go FT...then shop reels me back in...retirement not quite ready...now hoping for a late Fall jump off...oh well, as I always say...

We have an offer on the house which we promptly accepted. Let's hope it all goes through. Closing is scheduled for August 10. YAY!!

We are so totally stoked to have an offer this soon. We got the call with the offer on our way back from a week stay in Livingston setting up all of our new addresses, moving tags, voter registration, etc. That was our longest trip so far :)

Next up will be getting George retired 8/31 and then we're headed to Mississippi for 2wks to visit family & show off our coach.

Congrats to you & Ira for getting yours sold. I can only imagine how exhilarating that is to finally sign those papers & hand over the keys! Its time for someone else to be happy mowing that huge yard of ours. :lol:

congratulations. It is so exciting isn't it. Where you going first?

Vicky

I am going to smack a real estate agent…..

he calls at 8:10 and says buyer wants to do the home inspection at 9:00 am……any problem?

Yes….ain't happening…..and you better buy that buyer some flowers and tell them you are sorry….

pushed it to 10am….buyer is outside right now with inspector and I am drinking my first cup in pjs……what a life…..

worthless agent…I bet he knew since Friday and didn't tell me….

Congratulations, but so totally jealous. LOL.

But we are going regardless and are so busy with all the last two weeks of perparation. wacko.gif

We are so totally stoked to have an offer this soon. We got the call with the offer on our way back from a week stay in Livingston setting up all of our new addresses, moving tags, voter registration, etc. That was our longest trip so far :)

Next up will be getting George retired 8/31 and then we're headed to Mississippi for 2wks to visit family & show off our coach.

Congrats to you & Ira for getting yours sold. I can only imagine how exhilarating that is to finally sign those papers & hand over the keys! Its time for someone else to be happy mowing that huge yard of ours. :lol:

Everything's going so smoothly I can hardly believe it. Put house on the market in March, accepted offer in April, closed in May, on the road in June. I'm staying in the Black Hills until the end of August, then moving on to the Escapade in Gillette! I hope to meet my 2011 classmates soon!

Wow - you get busy and don't check the class for a couple of weeks and a lot has happened!:rolleyes: Congratulations to those who've sold homes, hit the road, etc. Welcome to those who've joined our class! We'll look forward to meeting you someday down the road!

This is our busiest time of year. We are on staff at a Christian Camp so summer is BUSY. We've also been busy finishing the renovations to the fifth wheel (they turned out great!) and cleaning out "stuff" - a never-ending job it seems. We're on a first-name basis with the thrift store staff. :lol: We still have 2-1/2 months to finish everything so aren't panicking yet. Can hardly wait!

Edited by thekrusers