CLASS OF 2007 follow along with us.

JoeandMarcia

The Carters made it back to the RGV. They say it is nice and quiet with very few people around. They meet with the doctors Tuesday to discuse treatments for Jay, and Thursday to get the stitches removed. Fay has not set up her doctor for checkups, she is waiting to see where they will have to have Jay's treatments.

The C A R E center in Livingston has been tossed in as an option, and I'm sure that will be decided this week after meeting with the doctors.

Chasing the 70's

You can follow us using My link

I may not know what town I will be sleeping in,

But I know I'll be sleeping in MY bed.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's such good news to know the Carters are back in a spot that is "home" for them and they can get some much needed rest for the moment. Thanks again Joe for keeping us updated.

55 out this AM off to the mountains and the Allegheny River today.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Landed in Goshen fairgrounds Friday for Labor day weekend. Came here to shop for RV furniture. Had a nice visit with Bob & Molly they have been really busy with rally prep and played hand & foot with Paul & Connie last two nights We will move on to Elkhart Tuesday as the fair grounds will close to prep for rally.

Keep those prayers coming in for our friends that are facing health issues.

David & Kathy 2007 hitchhiker LS 34.5 IKTG

2007 Dodge 3500

SKP#95802

Class of 2007

http://www.giraffelady65.blogspot.com

http://www.downaonewayroad.blogspot.com

A true friend is one who knows your faults and still wants to be your friend

We are still in the Atlanta, GA area until the end of the month. Was 60 here this morning. It is going to be a beautiful day here. Wish everyone the same.

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

Our stop at the KY Horse Park didn't happen!!! It is CLOSED Aug 30 thru Oct 15th. We are now at Ft Boonsboro State Park 5 miles off of exit 95. Real nice park, and we will use it more often now.

Chasing the 70's

You can follow us using My link

I may not know what town I will be sleeping in,

But I know I'll be sleeping in MY bed.

Hi everyone, hopes this finds you all well, or on the way back! We are heading out of Springfield, IL to Goshen for the Escapade tomorrow, the 9th. Are there any plans for the class at the Escapade? We are actually class of '06 but '07 "adopted" us 'cause we kept showing up for all the great food events and great times the 07ers have. :rolleyes:

I've posted on the '06 list but so far not alot of responses just yet...

After the rally we are heading back down to the RGV...any suggestions for parks in the area? We are thinking about going back to Llano Grande, but are open to suggestions.

Dennise

The (retired) FedExman & the Dizzy Blonde

Paul and Dennise Ziaja

Living our Fulltime Dream

2002 Damon Ultrasport

2007 Saturn Vue toad

Traveling with our yorkiepoos Mack and Lucy,

Greg & Jean - where are you?? We're headed to Iowa on I-80 and will be coming through Omaha Sunday aft/eve. Will you be near there? Our internet access will be kind of iffey for the next few days but will check this blog as often as we can.

Jay & Fay - glad to hear you're down in the RGV. We'll keep the prayers coming and look forward to seeing you in mid October.

Hank & Patti - hope all is going well for you, too. Still prayin.

Everyone else - hi, travel safe and have fun!

John & Lora

http://southfromalaska2.blogspot.com/

2003 Foretravel U320

2018 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Class of '07

Dennise...I think that there is at least Happy Hour planned.....PM Paul Anderson . He is on the parking crew. We are not there and won't be attending but it seems to me that there are a couple white boards erected ..one at Kieth & Donna Greens spot. Of course you can always run down Bob & Molly for that answer. Maybe someone who is there will chime in with an answer. Have a good time!!!!

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Linda & Ron

How long are you going to be in the Pittsburg area?. Might be making a earlier trip back to Mn.

Sandy & Mike

Mike and Sandy

2005 LaPalma

2005 Ford Ranger

Traveling with Stormy, The Evil Kitty & Lucy

www.barski47.blogspot.com"]Visit My Blog

Well we made it to Wheeling, WV and discovered that a shackle broke on the rig causing some damage (major) to the brakes and totally lost a shock. Read our blog for all the gory details....LOL!

SKP hugs,
Donna [Froggi] & Stu
BLOGS: Our Prime Years ~ My Author Site
2000 Freightliner FL60, 2007 41' KZ Toy Hauler, 2015 HD Tri-Glide
SKP Lifetime #48337 ~ Good Sam Lifetime #42600353

Hi everyone, hopes this finds you all well, or on the way back! We are heading out of Springfield, IL to Goshen for the Escapade tomorrow, the 9th. Are there any plans for the class at the Escapade? We are actually class of '06 but '07 "adopted" us 'cause we kept showing up for all the great food events and great times the 07ers have. :rolleyes:

I've posted on the '06 list but so far not alot of responses just yet...

After the rally we are heading back down to the RGV...any suggestions for parks in the area? We are thinking about going back to Llano Grande, but are open to suggestions.

Dennise

There IS a Happy Hour planned :( for Sept. 12 at 5 PM for Class of 2007

We are settled into the Escapade parking crew and looking forward to seeing all.

Hugs

Paul

Our blog A Breath of Fresh Road

Paul & Connie

98 Monaco Windsor 38' DP (For Sale)

2004 Chevy Tracker

Started 10/8/07

Sandy,

Seems that Ron's Dr. appts will be keeping us here until the first part of Nov. So come on by. We are just south of I-80 off PA route 19, or near the Slippery Rock excit of I79. Let me know if you need our phone number.

Donna...read the blog....sad to hear about your breakage!!!!

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

There IS a Happy Hour planned :rolleyes: for Sept. 12 at 5 PM for Class of 2007

We are settled into the Escapade parking crew and looking forward to seeing all.

Hugs

Is there a location for the Happy Hour?

Cookie

Cookie & Comer

Queen Punky Brewster

2015 Entegra Cornerstone

2015 Grand Cherokee

Facebook. CookieRv

Life Rocks When Your Home Rolls

It's great to read everyone movements -- especially those headed for Escapade -- we are sooooo jealous.

My sister is doing as well as can be expected. Her chemo schedule has been changed from every 3 weeks to every other week and extended until sometime in Feb. So, we'll be here for awhile.

On the up side, we discovered that dear friends from our old life are here in the same park as we are. We haven't seen them since 1997 when they went full-time -- what a surprised when we saw their names on their sign on the front of their rig. It has been wonderful to reconnect with them. You just never know who you will run into on the road or in the campground.

Everyone stay safe and have a great time, We are looking forward to hearing all about the fun.

Norah

It's great to read everyone movements -- especially those headed for Escapade -- we are sooooo jealous.

My sister is doing as well as can be expected. Her chemo schedule has been changed from every 3 weeks to every other week and extended until sometime in Feb. So, we'll be here for awhile.

On the up side, we discovered that dear friends from our old life are here in the same park as we are. We haven't seen them since 1997 when they went full-time -- what a surprised when we saw their names on their sign on the front of their rig. It has been wonderful to reconnect with them. You just never know who you will run into on the road or in the campground.

Everyone stay safe and have a great time, We are looking forward to hearing all about the fun.

Norah

We are glad you found an up side Norah but so sorry for the big bump in the road you are going throug.. Prayers continue for you all.

Helen

2010 Big Sky 340

2012 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie

Member of the Fulltime Graduating Class of '05

SKP # 87524

Norah...keep the faith!!!! You will be proud of me I finished my first beading project....the one you gave me the directions for. My sister and I slugged thru it together. Don't think I will be going nuts for this but it is fun to know I can do it!!!! So glad you found your friends..have you taught them hand & foot????

We just returned from having dinner with Mike Bubar. He is on his way to MN. Sandy who flew there yesterday from Boston. He needed food and a rest break and since he was traveling across I-80 we met him at a nearby exit for food and conversation. Travel safe Buddy!!

Everyone have fun at Escapade!!!

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

I encourage all to check out this site: davidmbailey.com

David is a singer/songwriter with a lot of cds under his belt that many might find inspirational. I certainly do.

David is also a 14 year survivor of glioblastoma (the same brain cancer that Jay has been diagnosed with).

Carolyn

Joey (Australian cattle dog/Brittany)

'94 Southwind (no slides)

'05 Honda Civic Hybrid

Well we survived our roadside repairs...for those that don't read our blog, we had moved from Elkhart to Cincy to visit my son then on to points east. We stopped at Cabela's in Triadelphia, WV and when we came out we noticed that our fifth wheel was sagging on one side. Stu crawled underneath and found a broken shackle on the spring as well as major brake issues (the brake line he had to replace in Wally World parking lot a month or so ago on our way to Elkhart). After attempting to get it fixed the next day at a spring shop in Wheeling (they didn't have anything for it - I think they just didn't want to work on it), Stu picked up what was needed at Tractor Supply, Wally World and Advance Auto Parts and repaired it in the Cabela's parking lot.

Hmmmm, should I rent him out as a mobile mechanic? LOL!! Anyway, we splurged with a movie last night and will be on the road shortly...again...headed to points east.

Hugs to all who need them...and even to those who don't!

SKP hugs,
Donna [Froggi] & Stu
BLOGS: Our Prime Years ~ My Author Site
2000 Freightliner FL60, 2007 41' KZ Toy Hauler, 2015 HD Tri-Glide
SKP Lifetime #48337 ~ Good Sam Lifetime #42600353

Well I think we are the only escapees left in Elkhart campground many units left early and have moved over to Goshen for the escapade. This place looks like a ghost town compared to last night. (look out parking crew here they come). Kathy & I will day trip it to visit the gang.We ordered our recliners yesterday and will pick them up Monday,still much to see around here.

We hope Fay & Jay survived all the flooding in Texas.

David & Kathy 2007 hitchhiker LS 34.5 IKTG

2007 Dodge 3500

SKP#95802

Class of 2007

http://www.giraffelady65.blogspot.com

http://www.downaonewayroad.blogspot.com

A true friend is one who knows your faults and still wants to be your friend

First full day of parking is complete.

Lots of folks from Elkhart Campground moved in today, along with around 250 other rigs. Busy day.

Hank & Patti Landry, Jay & Faye Carter, and Norah & Howie Glover, you are all sorely missed at this gathering.

Wish you were all here for mass hugs. Know that we're all thinking of you.

The rest of the Class of 2007 will try to do a good job representing y'all. :rolleyes:

Paul

Our blog A Breath of Fresh Road

Paul & Connie

98 Monaco Windsor 38' DP (For Sale)

2004 Chevy Tracker

Started 10/8/07

I think I'm going to have to put an Escapade on my "bucket list" if I'm ever going to get there! My prayers too are with Landrys, Carters & Glovers.

Have a great time all you Class of '07 folk who are in Goshen for Escapade!

Yesterday I secured a workamping volunteer position at Laguna Seca Raceway Campground in Monterey County, CA, for 3-4 months beginning November 1st. "On the road again...."

Carolyn

Joey (Australian cattle dog/Brittany)

'94 Southwind (no slides)

'05 Honda Civic Hybrid

Great news Carolyn. What will you be doing? You may also want to check out some of the NWR's in that area for a truly volunteer gig.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Archived