CLASS OF 2007 follow along with us.

JoeandMarcia

Gonzales for burgers and lunch sounds great. I have to confess, Paul and I have YET to get there. I know....I know...we don't do lunch out too often...but this sounds like a perfect time to try them. They are legenday burgers among the Winter Texans.

No snowbirds here...Winter Texans, y'all :rolleyes:

dennise

The (retired) FedExman & the Dizzy Blonde

Paul and Dennise Ziaja

Living our Fulltime Dream

2002 Damon Ultrasport

2007 Saturn Vue toad

Traveling with our yorkiepoos Mack and Lucy,

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gonzales for burgers and lunch sounds great. I have to confess, Paul and I have YET to get there. I know....I know...we don't do lunch out too often...but this sounds like a perfect time to try them. They are legenday burgers among the Winter Texans.

No snowbirds here...Winter Texans, y'all :rolleyes:

dennise

I finally found some info about Gonzales Burgers (not sure how we missed hearing about this place for the last 3 years...). It appears that they may only be open for lunch Mon-Sat. We can't do lunch till Wed or later and that would have to be an early one (I have to be at work by 1pm, but it's close to that restaurant). Does Wed or Thur sound OK to everyone? 11 or 11:30?

John & Lora

http://southfromalaska2.blogspot.com/

2003 Foretravel U320

2018 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Class of '07

I finally found some info about Gonzales Burgers (not sure how we missed hearing about this place for the last 3 years...). It appears that they may only be open for lunch Mon-Sat. We can't do lunch till Wed or later and that would have to be an early one (I have to be at work by 1pm, but it's close to that restaurant). Does Wed or Thur sound OK to everyone? 11 or 11:30?

Hi John & Lora,

Sounds great to us! Count us in. Either day is good; how about 11 so we can have a longer visit. Can't wait to see you both again.

Norah & Howie

How about Thursday ? Fay has a dental app. in Progresso at 11:00 on Wed.....

Thursday would be fine with us. Fay will have more fun on Thur than on Wed ;)

PS. Gonzales Burgers is at S. 13th & Silver in Donna. Just take the Main St exit south to Silver and turn east.

John & Lora

2003 Foretravel U320

2018 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Class of '07

What about all those little towns in TX that has the FREE camping? Where are they????

Don't know about those little towns, but we've "camped" at rest stops in Texas - at least the more populated ones. Truckers in and out can be noisy, but reassuring at the same time. We overnighted at the 1st rest stop across the TX/NM border last year (just west of El Paso) and there's an all night security guard there.

John & Lora

2003 Foretravel U320

2018 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Class of '07

What about all those little towns in TX that has the FREE camping? Where are they????

I'm not guarenteeing all this is current but from my data sheets I get:

Andrews City Park nice place w free RV parking for a few days

Brownfield Brownfield City Park GPS 33.172824, -102.275805 donation; 1-12 sites W/E; dump

Crosbyton Crosbyton City Park S. side of hwy free; FHU; by swimming pool

Cuero Cuero City Park near US 77A & US 87 intersect Camp free for three days by the lake; no hookups

Dumas City Park nice place w free RV parking for a few days

Haskell Haskell City Park Turn So on either side of DQ free 1st nite then cheap; FHU

Hereford City Park nice place w free RV parking for a few days

Junction Junction City Park along river SW corner of town free; no hookups

Lamesa City Park nice place w free RV parking for a few days

Littlefield City Park nice place w free RV parking for a few days

Perryton Perryton City Park just north of McDonalds free, W/E; 3 nite max

Seminole Seminole City Park free; Call police to unlock electrical and sewer; 4 nite max 432-758-9871

Silverton Silverton city park free hookups

Slaton Slaton City Park by swimming pool free W/E

Stinnett Stinnett City Park by swimming pool free FHU; dump

Will that do you for now? ;)

Linda Sand

class of '08

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Wow, Linda...you are really GOOD! Thanks for the great info...we're not in TX now, but will surely hang on to this for January!! Look forward to meeting y'all!

Y'all have a great lunch and maybe have a margarita for us!!! or two!! :lol: Miss all of you!

We're in Myrtle Beach for a week or so....the weather is lovely so this is good! There's been a lot of rain lately, so sunshine and 70's is good!!

We think we will head on down to FL Next week, so maybe we will make the end of the rallies at Bushnell. (Paul, how long will you be there?)

Hugs to everyone!!!

Bob and Molly

www.moonriverandwe.blogspot.com
Two drifters...off to see the world....
SKP #73997

PS. Gonzales Burgers is at S. 13th & Silver in Donna. Just take the Main St exit south to Silver and turn east.

Hmmm......Molly - We might have a little problem with having a margarita for you. John & I can't even find the restaurant - much less a drink! I do believe Gonzales Burger has become a thing of the past, so it must be time for Plan B. Any ideas out there, you Winter Texans? Has anyone eaten at El Dorado in Alamo?

John & Lora

2003 Foretravel U320

2018 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Class of '07

Found this review of Gonzales Burgers dated Sept 17, 2009 -- http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/217/1476309/re...es-Burger-Donna

Click on the menu in the review and you'll get a real address and the information that they're basically open 11-3 Mon-Sat. We've missed eating at more than one small town restaurant because we don't eat when most people do so they're often closed when we get there. I've added this place to my list of places to visit if we're ever in that area, though, since we usually eat lunch about 2:00. ;)

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Wow, Linda...you are really GOOD! Thanks for the great info...we're not in TX now, but will surely hang on to this for January!! Look forward to meeting y'all!

Y'all have a great lunch and maybe have a margarita for us!!! or two!! :) Miss all of you!

We're in Myrtle Beach for a week or so....the weather is lovely so this is good! There's been a lot of rain lately, so sunshine and 70's is good!!

We think we will head on down to FL Next week, so maybe we will make the end of the rallies at Bushnell. (Paul, how long will you be there?)

Hugs to everyone!!!

Hi All,

We're in Bushnell right now and the Chapter 27 rally started today. :P The Chapter 15 rally hitch up is Sunday (11/14) ;)

We are currently planning to be here until 11/17, but I have a feeling that if you guys showed up by then we might be able to stay and play for a few more days. B)

All of you folks play safe out there.

Hope to see you soon.

Paul

Our blog A Breath of Fresh Road

Paul & Connie

98 Monaco Windsor 38' DP (For Sale)

2004 Chevy Tracker

Started 10/8/07

Okay..its really raining here. Since the storm changed to a tropical from a hurricane we have stayed at the refuge. Not bad ..highest wind gust so far was only 25mph and 2 inches of rain since about noon. I think the worst will be over in a couple hours.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

So it looks like lunch at Gonzales Burger 11 am on Thursday for those of you in the RGV

The address is

S. 13th & Silver

Donna, TX 78537

We'll try to scout it out before then and add any other direction information if necessary.

Hugs,

Norah & Howie

I had hoped to check it out again today to see if I could find anything resembling the "line" that Jay mentioned but didn't have time. Norah, if you and gang could check this out before Thursday, we'd all be thankful. You'll see what I mean when you see the area...

John & Lora

2003 Foretravel U320

2018 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Class of '07

Linda, put an anchor on Ron so he doesn't blow away!! Hope y'all don't get washed away! :D

Paul...we're coming....may leave here on Thursday or Friday...whenever the rain shows up, we'll most likely head out! But we'll be in FL by the weekend....look forward to seeing you both. We'll give you a call!!

HUGS!

M&B

Bob and Molly

www.moonriverandwe.blogspot.com
Two drifters...off to see the world....
SKP #73997

Molly..are you sure you want to drive in this storm?? it seems its headed for the coast tomorrow. Maybe will be all gone by Thursday.

I have a new addiction...the refuge has its own weather station which I can log onto thru weatherunderground....so we can see the wind gust and rain totals. Actually much more fun than checking in with TWC!!!!!

Don't worry about Ron..I anchored him to the couch in front of the TV with a pound cake!!!!! So he's a happy man

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Thursday is good for Paul and me also...I am battling a bout of C diff colitis, but I will be there!

11 am is good too...won't have to wait!

dennise

The (retired) FedExman & the Dizzy Blonde

Paul and Dennise Ziaja

Living our Fulltime Dream

2002 Damon Ultrasport

2007 Saturn Vue toad

Traveling with our yorkiepoos Mack and Lucy,

It is good to hear RON is being taken care of, we all worry about him ya know.

Paul and Connie, tell everyone there we say HI,

Tomorrow we will head towards Ft Huachuca, Who all is at Benson SKP Park now?

Chasing the 70's

You can follow us using My link

I may not know what town I will be sleeping in,

But I know I'll be sleeping in MY bed.

this link might help...it has a photo of the place.... :)

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseacti...id/23135532.cfm

Paul thanks for posting the link to the photo of Gongales Burgers. No wonder it is so hard to find -- no sign or anything. We will drive by before Thursday and make sure it really is still there. And let you all know.

Norah

Archived