HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

16 hours ago, rickeieio said:

We should arrive Tuesday 4/19.  Introducing the truck to the trailer today.

We should arrive on Saturday April 22. We still have some appointments next week here at home, hoping to load the smart Tuesday, hook up the trailer Wednesday and load the van in the trailer on Thursday. A lot of that depends on the weather and is subject to modifications. We will leave Friday and spend the night at a Harvest Host on the SC/NC border. 

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the ECR. It will be the start of a 4  month long trip for us part timers.

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

As I mentioned in my solar thread, I am having RR install an RV Flex Armor roof on my 5th wheel.  It was prepped over the last two days and primed this evening (Thursday).  The actual roofing material will be applied first thing in the morning and once that has dried, all the stuff on the roof will get reassembled.  I hope to have it back tomorrow evening.  I am really pleased with the work so far and am looking forward to never having to deal with my roof again.  With all the various solar configurations and component movement I have done to my RV roof over the last five years, I figure I have added over 200 additional penetrations above and beyond what the factory did.  So far I have had no issues with it, but now it will be guaranteed for life.  I will show it off at the ECR starting the end of next week.

They told me the story about a hail storm that left no evidence.  I was impressed.

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

• 2 months later...

From Vegas to Pittsburg Kansas.

I drove I 40 to 44 and 44 to 400, 400 to  126 and 126 to 69 into Pittsburg Kansas.

We were in Winslow on Monday (Drove through the fire in Flagstaff) Tuesday We stopped in Tucumcari. Wednesday we were in Oklahoma City and arrived in Pittsburg Kansas today.

You can see more details in my post.

Later,

Cory O 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We're in Parkers Crossroads, Tn, where we had a new gray tank installed.  In the morning, we'll head for Rogers, AR to attend a wedding, then take our time to arrive in Albuquerque, NM to "volunteer" at the Balloon Fiesta on 9/25.

That'll end 10/9, so then we head towards the HDT National to catch up with friends.  We'll miss the first few days, but still be able to see a bunch of folks.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

We left Great Falls, MT September 6, stopped in Livingston for a few nights, then moved over to Bozeman for one night.  Stopped for one night in West Yellowstone visiting friends and sharing pizza.  

We continued south to Montpelier and stayed one night at a little park called Rendezvous Village.  
We drove through Bear Lake, ID and cut through Wyoming to Little America for fuel.  The cheapest per gallon that I have seen since spring.

Continued east on I80 to 191, then turned south, east of Flaming Gorge.  There are many grades, twists and turns But the views were spectacular.  We landed in Vernal, UT for a few nights.  We were going to stay long enough to see the Dinosaur Quarry but there are many dinosaur fossil related sights here, and we needed the rest.  We are staying at Fossil Valley RV Park, which I can recommend for longer rigs.  I saw a couple of Fullhouses and a New Horizons here, just not sure what was pulling them.  The owner says he has a friend who comes every year with a long HDT full of toys.

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

We’re in Flagstaff, Arizona at a Luxe rally.  There are several other HDTers here and we are having a nice time even though we have an SOB trailer.  We head home from here for a few days and then head out to the coast north of Fort Bragg, California for a couple of weeks.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

We are in Moab UT.  Got here on Saturday and plan to spend a couple weeks before heading to Mesa Verde NP and then to Las Vegas for the Nascar race the middle of Oct.  

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

Not sure if I posted my stay in SE Iowa for the summer. Am hoping to stay for the winter, but have some things to take care of first. Am checking on Lawton, OK. as a "just in case" location. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

• 1 month later...

Arrived in Grenada, MS yesterday at a VERY nice COE campground.  Huge sites, concrete pads, overlooking a lake.  And the best part is that 4 other hdt couples are here too.  It looks to be a week long tech session, with plenty of food and lies at the end of each day.  I'll try to keep up........

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

We like Wallace Creek at Enid Lake the best....  If you like being out in the country, check North Greysport @ 10 miles east of current location....

Ken....

IMG_856.png.ae22d1dc2b12f9fb806b4e17121ee0b0.png

2017 DRV Fullhouse JX450

2020 Volvo VNR 42-640, D13, 455hp, Ishift, 189"wb, factory single, ET Junior Hitch @ 195", Jacklopee, Directlink

2016 GMC 3500 Denali DRW, CC, LB, Curt 25k, Sold

Sitting at a "crossroads" so to speak. 

Actually at Spacecraft in Concordia, MO.

Left Iowa after a summer of working at the younger brothers Tire Shop and a month ago accepted a contract in Lawton, OK. Told everyone to get all their ducks in a row and make sure I wouldn't have to do anything the last two weeks before departure, but here I am waiting to see if I  can actually start on the 10th. Yep, two days away. 

Lucky for me I have another job that really wants me to return for at least 4 weeks and it's actually closer to Concordia so less fuel to get there.

Fill up in Mercer, MO. Sunday at  $4.599 which was much better than the $5.399 or $5.059  I saw before getting there. It's on my way to Concordia from "home" and I've been stopping so often I don't even have to go in to have them turn on the pump. 

So today they should finish the project and I'll either head east or west on I 70 depending on what I find out by noon today. 

I had planned to wake up early to see the Lunar Eclipse, but didn't. Wouldn't have saw anything because it was overcast when I did wake up. Anyone have a good cloudless sky? 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

33 minutes ago, lappir said:

I had planned to wake up early to see the Lunar Eclipse, but didn't. Wouldn't have saw anything because it was overcast when I did wake up. Anyone have a good cloudless sky?

Yes, we did.  We got up at 3:30a CST and went out to see the eclipse had begun without us.  It was 52* so comfortable to sit back in our chairs and enjoy the night sky.  Unfortunately, this park has plenty of night lights, so ambient light was annoying.  That said, it was a pretty cool show.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

• 2 months later...

On the road again.........  Meandering towards Bandera, TX, where we'll hang out for 5 weeks.  Being in the middle of the Hill Country, we brought our motorcycles.  Woo-Hoooooo!!!!!!!

After we leave Bandera, we'll eventually get to Summerdale, AL, where we'll meet up with friends.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

We are all packed up and ready to head out to the Quartzsite area in the morning.  We should arrive Sunday evening some time and plan to stay for a month or so.  We'll be hanging out with a bunch of other HDTers and some other friends.  It has been a very hectic week getting ready to head out, but we are finally ready and are really looking forward to it.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

On 1/20/2023 at 8:38 AM, rickeieio said:

After we leave Bandera, we'll eventually get to Summerdale, AL, where we'll meet up with friends.

Hey Rick,  

Any idea when you might get to AL?  We were planning a trip to a COE camp in in central or south AL some time in February.  It all depends on farming.  You know how that goes.  It might be where we could meet up with you.

No more sore neck from looking over your shoulder all day.......  One of our tenants let me plant wheat for him on our home place in November.  It was fun for two days, but I wasn't sorry to be finished.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

• 8 months later...
3 hours ago, JGWALES said:

We arrived on Quartzsite Az . Hoping to enjoy the winter here. Saw another HDT come into town yesterday. Looked like they were headed out to BLM

There is a gathering of HDT's out there somewhere. I think there is a FB group that  has the location. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800