HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

On 8/18/2021 at 10:10 PM, Sparky242 said:

That was me heading to Eau Claire for a couple of days,  Where you in your HDT, I am always looking for others but never seam to see many up in this neck of the woods.

We were coming out of Birchwood from an ATVing weekend.  We saw you go over the bridge as we came up to the on-ramp on County V.

Where are you based out of?

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Met a  big red truck with an RV behind it on I 29 in North Dakota Saturday early afternoon. I had left Grand Forks, but had not gotten as far as Fargo. Can't remember the mile marker I saw. Did manage a late half wave. Was on my motorcycle with my new Hi Vis Aerostich Suit on and the Yellow Helmet if anyone here saw me. 

Rod 

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

• 4 weeks later...

We bought a lot at an airpark in Safford, AZ and have installed power, water, and septic.  We are now parked on it and will be here for the winter putting up a building to be used as a fallback plan if/when needed.  We hope to be back on the road late next spring.

CAVU!!  Have a great winter, everyone.

Mike & Joan
2006 Volvo 780
2008 KZ Escalade Sportster 41CKS
2001 Honda XR650R
2018 Kymco Spade 150

We are in New Mexico for the next 2 weeks. We are in Tucumcari today and will be at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta tomorrow for 10 days before heading to Arizona for a couple of weeks.

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

16 hours ago, Star Dreamer said:

We are in New Mexico for the next 2 weeks. We are in Tucumcari today and will be at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta tomorrow for 10 days before heading to Arizona for a couple of weeks.

The balloon festival has been something we would like to try.  We will miss it this year because of my work commitment in Yellowstone.  Have fun!

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Rotorhead said:

I couldn’t get the link to open. But Fort Chiswell is right about where we saw it.

My apologies, I fixed the link so the photo is displayed.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

5 hours ago, Rotorhead said:

Yep that’s the one I saw. Hopefully one of these days I’ll get my conversion done. There’s been a lot of necessary repairs that needed to be done.

My best wishes on getting it done... I hope all goes well and you're on the road with it soon!

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

On 6/11/2020 at 6:38 AM, lappir said:

Met a few HDTer's on the road last weekend. I waved and think I saw a  wave or two. My camera may have caught the view before I did while on the road. It's a long process to find since I didn't think to jot down the time. Will try to do so in the future. Just need to put a sticky pad and a pen on a string within reach. Anyone see me? 

Uzul7Jsl.jpg

Rod

My wife wants to know if that container is the wife’s closet? Haha

9 hours ago, Rotorhead said:

My wife wants to know if that container is the wife’s closet? Haha

I have no current wife, and had limited female suggestions with the build of the Man Cave. Motorcycle rides in the "container". 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

5 hours ago, Rotorhead said:

Cool. Must have a nice ramp to run it up there. 
Chuck

Yes, it came with the first box that was on the truck. Have cut it in half now and half goes under the bike when it's loaded I have the other half at the side and am able to easily pin the two parts together. It was hinged for a bit, but unwieldly and harder to store between uses and for travel.  I have a winch with a trolley for the front wheel and pull it up. I used to ride up, but no more.  

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

3 hours ago, Danfreda1 said:

Crossville tn deer run rv resort for the ECR. 

Have a good time. Hope someone takes the time to post photos here. I know it's harder than Facebook. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

Sitting at Rolling Retreats getting some maintenance done and some other work I will reveal later.  Once I’m done here, I’m heading to the ECR (with a quick stopover to install some batteries and an inverter for a forum member on the way).

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

7 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

Sitting at Rolling Retreats getting some maintenance done and some other work I will reveal later.  Once I’m done here, I’m heading to the ECR (with a quick stopover to install some batteries and an inverter for a forum member on the way).

Wouldn’t mind some of your advice on batteries and inverters for our rig too.  We hope to stop by Deer Run during this next week for a night or 2.

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

We are currently at Tom Sawyer in West Memphis Ar. we survived yesterday's tornado alert hanging out in the small concrete bath house, one short stop in Nashville then on to the ECR, arrive Thursday the 21st. See you all there!!!

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

15 hours ago, Sculptor said:

Wouldn’t mind some of your advice on batteries and inverters for our rig too.  We hope to stop by Deer Run during this next week for a night or 2.

I’d be happy to talk to you.

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

23 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

Sitting at Rolling Retreats getting some maintenance done and some other work I will reveal later.

As I mentioned in my solar thread, I am having RR install an RV Flex Armor roof on my 5th wheel.  It was prepped over the last two days and primed this evening (Thursday).  The actual roofing material will be applied first thing in the morning and once that has dried, all the stuff on the roof will get reassembled.  I hope to have it back tomorrow evening.  I am really pleased with the work so far and am looking forward to never having to deal with my roof again.  With all the various solar configurations and component movement I have done to my RV roof over the last five years, I figure I have added over 200 additional penetrations above and beyond what the factory did.  So far I have had no issues with it, but now it will be guaranteed for life.  I will show it off at the ECR starting the end of next week.

event.png