HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

We have been on a journey from wintering in Falfurrias, Texas.  San Antonio, Cottonwood AL, Smyrna TN, Florence IN.  We arrived in Greenville OH last night.  The Garst Museum is first on the list.  We might just get to the Air Force museum in Dayton.  Very few campgrounds there and either very expensive or bad reviews.  
We will be in Laingsburg, Michigan next week for a wedding.

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

Hey Kevin, did you stay at Rollin' on the River, or Follow the River?  

You likely went through our farm if you came up through Lawrenceburg and got on I-275.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Hi Rick, we stayed at Follow the River.  Nice place!  After the Ark Encounter we were on the fence about staying longer.  After some discussion we decided not to visit the Creation museum.  Also after studying the river route I followed the Garmin route to I-71 - I-75 and we topped off fuel at the TA before I-275.  We then looped west and north to try highway 127.  35 mph city stop and go 2 lanes and a few stares.  Lol.  That lasted until I could get over to I-75 again.  
I would have liked to see the scenic river drive and your farm.  For future reference is the river road big rig friendly?  The road on the Kentucky side was not good!

Kevin and June

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Yes, the road on the Indiana side of the river is fine.  There's a couple of rough spots, and you have a sharp turn in Aurora, but plenty of trucks go that way.

We're between the only Indiana exit on I-275 and the first Ohio exit.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

Since the first of the year, we've been home 7 weeks, and are there now.  We spent 7 weeks meandering to/from, and about Texas, home for about 4 weeks, then two weeks at the ECR, and another week north to Middlebury, IN for some rv repairs.  Got home again Saturday evening.

We'll be here for May, but I have two motorcycle trips in June, one to Tennessee, and one to Wisconsin.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

2 hours ago, geodog said:

Skyline Ranch RV Resort in Bandera, Texas for 10 days, then back home.

ShortyO

We've stayed there before. Nice park and I really enjoy walking down to the river from there. 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

• 2 weeks later...

We have just started a 2-1/2 month long trip, about 6000 miles that will take us zig zagging across the Midwest. From South Carolina we head to North Central Missouri for a custom van event, then to Central Indiana for Memorial Day weekend for another. We will spend a week at Indiana Beach visiting with the kids, then work our way around Lake Michigan and head to Madison WI to see the father in law for father's day and birthday. Then we head to South Dakota to the black hills area for a week. On our way back, we will stop in Minnesota for our National Custom Van show, then back to Indiana for a week for family reunion, then home. It is tricky planning a trip to cover family events, shows and site seeing but this is what we hoped for when I retired! We are currently at a truck stop at the NC SC border heading to Old Mill Campground near Cookeville TN.

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

7 minutes ago, Star Dreamer said:

We have just started a 2-1/2 month long trip, about 6000 miles that will take us zig zagging across the Midwest. From South Carolina we head to North Central Missouri for a custom van event, then to Central Indiana for Memorial Day weekend for another. We will spend a week at Indiana Beach visiting with the kids, then work our way around Lake Michigan and head to Madison WI to see the father in law for father's day and birthday. Then we head to South Dakota to the black hills area for a week. On our way back, we will stop in Minnesota for our National Custom Van show, then back to Indiana for a week for family reunion, then home. It is tricky planning a trip to cover family events, shows and site seeing but this is what we hoped for when I retired! We are currently at a truck stop at the NC SC border heading to Old Mill Campground near Cookeville TN.

Safe Travels!  If you will travel through northern Kentucky, I highly recommend The Ark Experience.  (On the pricey side I will admit)

Kevin and June

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

On 5/18/2021 at 7:45 AM, Star Dreamer said:

Safe travels!  Looks like you enjoy Vehicles...If you have time while you are in Michigan make sure you Visit the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners MI. https://gilmorecarmuseum.org/.

Bob&Kay
2012 VNL730 I Shift D13 2.47 ratio
2018 Mobile Suites 40 kssb4

55 minutes ago, Radar274 said:

Safe travels!  Looks like you enjoy Vehicles...If you have time while you are in Michigan make sure you Visit the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners MI. https://gilmorecarmuseum.org/.

Thanks it is on our list to do. We will be fairly close to it when we stop near Grand Rapids.

Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

On 5/18/2021 at 6:57 AM, Sculptor said:

Safe Travels!  If you will travel through northern Kentucky, I highly recommend The Ark Experience.  (On the pricey side I will admit)

Our travels out thru KY were thru the west on I24, maybe try for the way home.

7 hours ago, Star Dreamer said:

Thanks it is on our list to do. We will be fairly close to it when we stop near Grand Rapids.

Are you staying at Hidden Ridge Near Hopkins Mi. by chance? Gilmore has a cruise-in every Wednesday evening usually over 100 cars along with Hamburgers served with adult beverages.  If you are there on a Wed look for us, we will be driving a Dusk Rose (pink) 57 Thunderbird.  

Bob

Bob&Kay
2012 VNL730 I Shift D13 2.47 ratio
2018 Mobile Suites 40 kssb4

2 hours ago, Radar274 said:

Are you staying at Hidden Ridge Near Hopkins Mi. by chance? Gilmore has a cruise-in every Wednesday evening usually over 100 cars along with Hamburgers served with adult beverages.  If you are there on a Wed look for us, we will be driving a Dusk Rose (pink) 57 Thunderbird.  

Bob

We will be up just East of Grand Rapids at Alice Springs RV park. Which is about 1 hour North of the museum. I was just planning on driving our smart car. We will be coming in on Wednesday so probably not enough time to unload our custom van and drive down to the cruise-in with it. May just plan to stop by on our way past from Elkhart.  Thanks for the info.

11 hours ago, Star Dreamer said:

We will be up just East of Grand Rapids at Alice Springs RV park. Which is about 1 hour North of the museum. 

This is where we stayed when we visited the Gilmore Museum also, nice place to  camp with plenty of room

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...