HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Parrformance said:

We are at Windrock ORV,  near Knoxville TN. packing up to head for Georgia today.

Hi Parr,

Question for you. Is the Windrock ORV worth going to ? The reason for the question, is that I was at Ride Royal Blue and was not impressed at all. You can p/m me your answer if you like.

Thank you for any input,
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

14 hours ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Please say Hello to them for us.  We missed them at the WCR........

Alie and Jim

Howdy Alie and Jim,

I sure will pass on your greetings, so peaceful here and bueatiful.

Dave, Donna and Newt

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

15 hours ago, Sculptor said:

Maurice will hold back the bill for awhile, to let it run up.    🤑

Howdy Kevin,

I figure we will come out about even after I give Maurice the bill for recommending his place as a must do when it comes to visiting.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

17 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy All,

We are now spending time with Maurice and Ginny who live just out side of Yampa Colorado.  We will be leaving from here Monday morning and headed east.  Maurice and Ginny have been great hosts we sure are enjoying our visit with our HDT friends.

Here we are parked in a spot with water and power next to Maurice's shop.

IMG_2937-L.jpg

Here is Maurice and Ginny's rig which is now for sale, it is a beautiful turn key setup and in my opinion is priced way below value.

IMG_2936-L.jpg

Dave, Donna and Newt

Maurice and Ginny are great people.  We hope to stop by there in our travels in the future as well.  And I agree, their rig is an excellent turn key set up that anyone in the market should take a hard look at.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

10 hours ago, alan0043 said:

Hi Parr,

Question for you. Is the Windrock ORV worth going to ? The reason for the question, is that I was at Ride Royal Blue and was not impressed at all. You can p/m me your answer if you like.

Thank you for any input,
Al

We like the park, 78,000 acres, miles of trails from improved gravel to large rock gardens, and everything in between.

RV Park is away from the trails about three miles, so pretty quiet after 10:00.  

We have been there 4 or 5 times, but this was the first time since the campground opened.  The CG makes it very convenient.

The CG is wide open and only small trees, bu the lots are wide with plenty of room ob the b and c lanes.

60 foot x 60 foot sites.

We stayed in B3 and had plenty of room for the truck, trailer and Jeep.

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

12 hours ago, Parrformance said:

We like the park, 78,000 acres, miles of trails from improved gravel to large rock gardens, and everything in between.

RV Park is away from the trails about three miles, so pretty quiet after 10:00.  

We have been there 4 or 5 times, but this was the first time since the campground opened.  The CG makes it very convenient.

The CG is wide open and only small trees, bu the lots are wide with plenty of room ob the b and c lanes.

60 foot x 60 foot sites.

We stayed in B3 and had plenty of room for the truck, trailer and Jeep.

Hi Parr,

I have another question for you. If I do a Google search, do I use the words " Windrock ORV" ? Is that the name of the camp ground ? The reason for the questions, is that I looking for a place to ride my rzr and have my truck and trailer fit. 

Thank you for your help,
Al

Howdy All,

Later this morning we will be leaving from Maurice and Ginny's home and headed east, we'll do a Walmart camp in Lexington Nebraska to night and should arrive at the camp ground near Hannibal Missouri near the Mark Twain Cave on Tuesday late afternoon.

Dave, Donna and Newt

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

5 hours ago, alan0043 said:

Hi Parr,

I have another question for you. If I do a Google search, do I use the words " Windrock ORV" ? Is that the name of the camp ground ? The reason for the questions, is that I looking for a place to ride my rzr and have my truck and trailer fit. 

Thank you for your help,
Al

Windrock orv or the windrock cg will work.

There were far more razors than jeeps both at the cg and the park.

Plenty of room for parking.

www.windrockpark.com

Edited by Parrformance
Added info

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

3 hours ago, Parrformance said:

Windrock orv or the windrock cg will work.

There were far more razors than jeeps both at the cg and the park.

Plenty of room for parking.

www.windrockpark.com

Thank you so much for the help.

Al

On 7/7/2018 at 6:38 PM, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Please say Hello to them for us.  We missed them at the WCR........

Alie and Jim

Howdy Alie and Jim,

I passed on your message, they were pleased to hear from you folks.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Howdy All,

We are setup in the Mark Twain Camp Ground just outside of Hannible MO, going to do the caves and Indian Mound that is near by.  We’ll be headed to Branson next Sunday.

Dave, Donna and Newt 

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

16 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy All,

We are setup in the Mark Twain Camp Ground just outside of Hannible MO, going to do the caves and Indian Mound that is near by.  We’ll be headed to Branson next Sunday.

Dave, Donna and Newt 

Where in Branson? We are at Stagecoach now until Monday.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

4 minutes ago, dblr said:

Where in Branson? We are at Stagecoach now until Monday.

Howdy dblr,

Donna has a time share with World Mart, that is where we will be for a week.

Dave, Donna and Newt 

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Leaving Kansas this evening.  Heading to Lake Tahoe area to run the Rubicon Trail.  Most of travels out will be I-80.

Return trip will be thru Moab, UT and Leadville, CO.

Keep eye out fur us!

1999 Volvo VNL610, Cummins M11 - 350/400 HP, 10 speed Rockwell - 'CHIEF'

Custom flatbed with TrailerSaver air hitch.

3 cyl 8000 watt Kubota diesel generator.

New Mexico April 2019.jpg

1 hour ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy dblr,

Donna has a time share with World Mart, that is where we will be for a week.

Dave, Donna and Newt 

Ok enjoy, swing by to say hi we are in site #23 if you like

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

10 minutes ago, dblr said:

Ok enjoy, swing by to say hi we are in site #23 if you like

Howdy dblr,

We have never been to Brandon before is Stagecoach, a camp ground or some other type of place to stay?

Are you leaving on Monday the  16th, we won’t arrive until Sunday the 15th

Dave,Donna and Newt 

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

3 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy dblr,

We have never been to Brandon before is Stagecoach, a camp ground or some other type of place to stay?

Are you leaving on Monday the  16th, we won’t arrive until Sunday the 15th

Dave,Donna and Newt 

Yes a campground just up from Table Rock state park near where the Paddle wheel boat sails out of. Yes plans are to leave here Monday morning to head up towards Marceline where Walt Disney is from. So Sunday night will mostly be chillin at the site prepping to leave

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

3 hours ago, dblr said:

Yes a campground just up from Table Rock state park near where the Paddle wheel boat sails out of. Yes plans are to leave here Monday morning to head up towards Marceline where Walt Disney is from. So Sunday night will mostly be chillin at the site prepping to leave

Howdy dblr,

As we will be traveling Sunday and getting checked in at the condo, I don't know what our time frame will be  Sunday late afternoon-early evening.  If its not to late when we are done with all that has to be done to get settled in, I'll post up and see if a short visit would be in order.

Dave, Donna and Newt

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

On 7/12/2018 at 10:49 AM, dblr said:

Howdy dblr 

Sorry we didn't get a chance to visit last night, things were kinda hectic on our end.  I'll tell you this, I would have made a professional trucker proud the maneuvers that had to be made to get 72 feet of truck and trailer through the maze of the twisting, turning and dramatic elevation changes that made up the parking lots of this condo complex.  To get the truck into the only stop on the edge of the grounds large enough to park it, I had to pull up hill, then back down that hill following a twisty road for about a 1/4 mile, then spot the trailer in-between a row of boat trailers and a couple of smaller RV's.  But we made it, we are here, now we have to decide what we are going to do whilst here.

Wishing you safe travels and hoping that one of these days our trails will cross again and we will have some quality visiting time.

Dave, Donna and Newt 

Edited by mr. cob

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Howdy All, 

We left from Branson, at 8:15am, pulled into my friend Ken’s place a few miles south of down town Amarilo, at 7:05pm, 619 miles today.  Plugged into to shore power at Ken’s home turned on the trailer air conditioner’s went out for blackened catfish dinner, gonna hit the hay I am tired, the Peterbilt has been running GREAT have I ever mentioned how much I love this truck....................

Dave, Donna and Newt 

Edited by mr. cob
Sqelin erors

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg