HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

On 10/30/2017 at 7:19 PM, Bob A said:

Thanks can't wait to get out of this rain hail wind and chance of snow,

Blew out of Bend this afternoon and raced a couple antelope ( dropped of cruise as they passed in front....on our way to overnight at the fairgrounds in Burns, OR.... Dolly-the-paint-horse loves to make a few laps on the race track...

Tomorrow hope to have enough parts and diesel to wonder over to Winnemueca the Lovelock, Fallon, and overnight at the Rodeo grounds at Hawthorne,NV....   

We only have THIRTY tires on the road this trip .......wonder if the air will stay in them for the hobble down to Last Chance Peak Dolly-the-paint-horse camp?

Drive on......(hay-burner in tow)

AINT SOFTWARE GREAT.........THIS WAS POSTED MONTHS AGO AND APPEARED .........TODAY

Edited by Dollytrolley

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/25/2018 at 11:44 AM, Parrformance said:

Cedars of Lebanon State Park.

Heading into Nashville.

Cedars is tight. But I did get in there once with our rig. It was lawn chair, feature watching time. Those cement benches keep you tight.

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

Friday June 29th we towed Dolly-the-paint-horse out of Bend out past LaPine turned East and 27 miles out to Outback Station Horse camp & RV park to escape the intense 4th fireworks in Bend that makes horses unhappy.

$20 per night gets elec and the BEST water EVER tested by water lab........ancient water so old it has no radio active trace.........stunning water with OLD Growth Ponderosa  Pines and S I L E N C E and the camp sites are at least 75 to 150 feet apart .........pull through s that could handle +100 ft long rigs.......

Might just not leave until the first frost.........

LINK TO INFO:     http://cdrriders.com/events/outbackstationbrochure2013.pdf

Drive on...........(S I L E N T .....4th)

Edited by Dollytrolley

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

5 hours ago, Dollytrolley said:

Friday June 29th we towed Dolly-the-paint-horse out of Bend out past LaPine turned East and 27 miles out to Outback Station Horse camp & RV park to escape the intense 4th fireworks in Bend that makes horses unhappy.

$20 per night gets elec and the BEST water EVER tested by water lab........ancient water so old it has no radio active trace.........stunning water with OLD Growth Ponderosa  Pines and S I L E N C E and the camp sites are at least 75 to 150 feet apart .........pull through s that could handle +100 ft long rigs.......

Might just not leave until the first frost.........

Drive on...........(S I L E N T .....4th)

Almost 'sounds' too good . 

Enjoy . :)

Goes around , comes around .

5 hours ago, Pat & Pete said:

Almost 'sounds' too good . 

Enjoy . :)

P & P,

Well there is one thing missing.........NO Rattlesnakes.......bummer.....

The local volcanic pumice is very abrasive and as such it is unable to be tolerated under the scales of the rattlesnakes so IF you desire to pet the rattlesnakes you will have to travel several miles East out in the desert ..........

Other than the lack of rattlesnakes it pretty darn nice  place to camp out........

LINK TO INFO:   http://cdrriders.com/events/outbackstationbrochure2013.pdf

Drive on...........(no rattlesnakes..........bummer)

Edited by Dollytrolley

Howdy All 

We pulled into a very nice camp ground yesterday Jim & Mary’s, a few west of Missoula MT, on the north side of I-90

There plenty of room for our type rig in fact there is another couple here towing with a newer Volvo

There is no pool but there is a very quiet and buetifully landscaped camp ground with flower beds everywhere lots of trees for shade but plenty of room to maneuver to get into and out of your camp site

We really like this campground and will return   Tomorrow we head to Logan Utah do a Walmart camp there before going to Colorado to visit with Maurice and Ginny

Dave, Donna and Newt 

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

4 minutes ago, DesertMiner said:

How do you folks camp overnight at Walmart in the heat of the summer without A/C?

Howdy DM

If you’re referring to my post depending on what the temperature is we usually don’t bother with AC if it’s hot enough to need it we have a generator 

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

2 hours ago, DesertMiner said:

So if you need the A/C you run your generator in the Walmart parking lot?

Howdy DM,

When I first started to camp at Walmart, I didn't however I noticed many people doing it when the temps where high so I have for the last couple of years run it when needed which has been very few times.  When I do  Walmart camp I am as far away from the store as possible and when I can pick a spot on the very edge of the lot, I have never had anyone complain.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

6 hours ago, Dollytrolley said:

P & P,

Well there is one thing missing.........NO Rattlesnakes.......bummer.....

The local volcanic pumice is very abrasive and as such it is unable to be tolerated under the scales of the rattlesnakes so IF you desire to pet the rattlesnakes you will have to travel several miles East out in the desert ..........

Other than the lack of rattlesnakes it pretty darn nice  place to camp out........

LINK TO INFO:   http://cdrriders.com/events/outbackstationbrochure2013.pdf

Drive on...........(no rattlesnakes..........bummer)

Little piece of horse heaven there . ;)

If I still had my horse ... 

Goes around , comes around .

Howdy All,

Our camp site, such a beautiful park, with large sites and very quiet.  "Jim & Mary's", a few miles northwest of Missoula MT.

IMG_2935-XL.jpg

Dave, Donna and Newt

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

8 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy All,

Our camp site, such a beautiful park, with large sites and very quiet.  "Jim & Mary's", a few miles northwest of Missoula MT.

Dave, Donna and Newt

Hi Dave, great looking rig!  Have a safe trip!

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

1 hour ago, Sculptor said:

Hi Dave, great looking rig!  Have a safe trip!

Howdy Sculptor,

Thanks, the Peterbilt sure does get the attention of other campers.  When I towed with the Freightliner, folks would stop and look as they walked around the campground but now that I am using the Pete, people will come over to our site and ask the usual questions and always comment on how they like the truck.  

In nearly 5 years of towing with the Freightliner, I only had a couple of Truckers call me on the CB, now towing with the Pete, it’s a common thing at least a couple of times a day.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

We are in the site in front of Dave at Jim and Mary;s in Missoula, MT.  We agree, very HDT friendly park and Dave does have a very good looking rig.

Ken

2009 Volvo 780 with Herrin Hauler Bed
2015 Continental Coach
2017 Smart Car Prime

30 minutes ago, KenL said:

We are in the site in front of Dave at Jim and Mary;s in Missoula, MT.  We agree, very HDT friendly park and Dave does have a very good looking rig.

Ken

Howdy Ken,

Good morning to you, I was going to mention you and your rig but I forgot your name, sorry I honestly don't have much for a memory anymore.  I visited a bit with Ken, man talk about a nice setup his truck and trailer are the real deal. :D

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

7 hours ago, scubadave said:

On the HHRV Campground site I do not see Jim and Mary's listed. Perhaps one of you could submit it? Thanks.

I spent some time this morning checking out the campground and surrounding area.  Looks like a great "base camp" for a motorcycle tour.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Howdy All,

We are now spending time with Maurice and Ginny who live just out side of Yampa Colorado.  We will be leaving from here Monday morning and headed east.  Maurice and Ginny have been great hosts we sure are enjoying our visit with our HDT friends.

Here we are parked in a spot with water and power next to Maurice's shop.

IMG_2937-L.jpg

Here is Maurice and Ginny's rig which is now for sale, it is a beautiful turn key setup and in my opinion is priced way below value.

IMG_2936-L.jpg

Dave, Donna and Newt

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

1 hour ago, mr. cob said:

We are now spending time with Maurice and Ginny who live just out side of Yampa Colorado.  We will be leaving from here Monday morning and headed east.  Maurice and Ginny have been great hosts we sure are enjoying our visit with our HDT friends.

Maurice will hold back the bill for awhile, to let it run up.    🤑

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

1 hour ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy All,

Here we are parked in a spot with water and power next to Maurice's shop.

IMG_2937-L.jpg

Here is Maurice and Ginny's rig which is now for sale, it is a beautiful turn key setup and in my opinion is priced way below value.

IMG_2936-L.jpg

Dave, Donna and Newt

Please say Hello to them for us.  We missed them at the WCR........

Alie and Jim

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins