RDBE (for those in the know)

ddshjs

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heidi - thanks for the good wishes on the stuff. We got to town and as I put the key into the storage unit door, I looked at Richard and said "are you ready for the first taste of depression for the next few months?". Opened the door and both of us just groaned! We're talking about a 16' x 45' x 14' tall unit - and it's still about 1/3 full! There's tons of niche type items there that will be difficult to sell, but there's a ton of money invested in stuff there. Example, we made pens (did the art show circuit for 5 years straight) - and we worked thru sorting pen stuff yesterday. There has to be at least 500 pen blanks, 500 turned but not assembled pens, and who knows how many pen kits for assembly... TONS of photography and ebay coming up - and that's a small fraction of what's left in there. I'm tired thinking about it already. So now that Richard is up, it's time to strap on the roller skates and get busy again for another long day.

So are the kids super jazzed about their new bunk beds and bookshelves? How do they like having their own bathroom? Bet you guys like it better than they do!! We are truly so happy for you guys to have the "house that fits the needs"! Safe travels to you guys and all our ladies!

I am beside myself today because in ONE WEEK I'll be riding in my big rig with my awesome, amazing husband, two fun cats and great dog heading out to YNP for 8 glorious days!! I am just so stinking excited!!

We have a new license plate for the truck: ON2 YNP. Why? because we LOVE Yellowstone! We wanted Off2 YNP, but only 6 characters allowed.

Rick wired the Jeep to have four headlights on top of the rack: two will point further down the road than the regular headlights and the other two will be directed to the ditches on either side. Sometimes we get stuck in the park at dusk and the drive back is spooky and precarious. We hope the extra lights will help us prevent collisions with animals.

All camera equipment has been insured. All pets have had their vaccines updated. I am backing up my computer files as I type this. Next, I'll clean the sensors on our cameras. And then finally start packing. yes it's early, but Rick has to load the trailer for me because I'll be busy entertaining my high school BFF Thursday thru Saturday as we attend a business seminar in another city which I am also ecstatic about!

This is going to be a crazy week but I just cannot wait to get to get YNP!!!

Edited by ON2YNP

That's so cute Alicia! No leash for him? You're brave or he's really well trained! Mine would be 3 states away before I could start chasing them!

When we both get out of the truck, we put the cats in their carrier. Otherwise, yes, he would be GONE!

We are back in Crossville, TN where we had the 2013 ECR Rally and it is cool and windy. It feels like March or April and the Dogwoods are still in bloom. We are here for a little r and r and then back home and back to work for Carl. We would love to plan a trip to Yellow Stone one of these days. Alicia we are originally from Texas but fell in love with Tennessee.

Safe travels and great adventures everyone,

Donna

• 3 weeks later...

We would love to plan a trip to Yellow Stone one of these days. Alicia we are originally from Texas but fell in love with Tennessee.

Tennessee is a beautiful state! Where in TN are you? I grew up in Little Rock so we had a little bit of what TN offers.

We just left Grand Tetons after spending 2 days there and 8 days in Yellowstone. Wow! Wow! Wow! What an amazing adventure this one was. We ALWAYS have a awesome wildlife encounters, but the might before leaving takes the cake!!! Two Grizzlies circled our car (along with ab out 12 other cars) within feet of us as they grazed, wanderedaround and ate on a carcass.

We also spent the night and day with the Cravens. Mike and Suzan (Boomer's parents), really know how to put out the hospitality!!! We ate good for those 24 hours: good burgers and steaks! Oh, and they have the perfect spot for our HDT rigs - right next to their hanger!! Their new home and land is a restful and comfrotable place. Can't thank Mike and Suzan enough for hosting us! We'll be back!

Sounds like a wonderful trip, Alicia! Can't wait to see your pictures!

Raymond and I just returned from meeting my half brother and his wife (from Houston) in Pensacola. First time of staying on a military base and it was wonderful. We were within walking distance of the Pensacola Lighthouse, Navy Museum, IMAX, and Fort Barrancas. Edge of the RV park was on Pensacola Bay with White Sands and Crystal Clear water just like the Gulf of Mexico there. Fun Times! We were real adventurous and allowed them to sleep on our aerobed/couch! We, most likely, will not do that often....quarters are just too small for that; BUT we had perfect weather in Pensacola and stayed outside the RV except for sleeping! So, it was a good experience!

Already can't wait for our next short trip: 5 days in Charleston, SC with the Wagners and the Dixons. That will be 'it' for us and trips this year....tires all around will be the next order of business. HAHAHA

Tennessee is a beautiful state! Where in TN are you? I grew up in Little Rock so we had a little bit of what TN offers.

We just left Grand Tetons after spending 2 days there and 8 days in Yellowstone. Wow! Wow! Wow! What an amazing adventure this one was. We ALWAYS have a awesome wildlife encounters, but the might before leaving takes the cake!!! Two Grizzlies circled our car (along with ab out 12 other cars) within feet of us as they grazed, wanderedaround and ate on a carcass.

We also spent the night and day with the Cravens. Mike and Suzan (Boomer's parents), really know how to put out the hospitality!!! We ate good for those 24 hours: good burgers and steaks! Oh, and they have the perfect spot for our HDT rigs - right next to their hanger!! Their new home and land is a restful and comfrotable place. Can't thank Mike and Suzan enough for hosting us! We'll be back!

Alicia,

We are in East Tennessee, a little town outside Maryville in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains. We live on six acres and love watching the wildlife around here. We have seen deer, foxes, turkeys, possums, etc.

Wow, your bear encounter sounds fascinating. Hope to be able to see grizzlies one of these days. We have seen black bears in the smoky mountains.

Look forward to meeting you and Rick one of these days..

Safe travels,

Donna

Sounds like a wonderful trip, Alicia! Can't wait to see your pictures!

Raymond and I just returned from meeting my half brother and his wife (from Houston) in Pensacola. First time of staying on a military base and it was wonderful. We were within walking distance of the Pensacola Lighthouse, Navy Museum, IMAX, and Fort Barrancas. Edge of the RV park was on Pensacola Bay with White Sands and Crystal Clear water just like the Gulf of Mexico there. Fun Times! We were real adventurous and allowed them to sleep on our aerobed/couch! We, most likely, will not do that often....quarters are just too small for that; BUT we had perfect weather in Pensacola and stayed outside the RV except for sleeping! So, it was a good experience!

Already can't wait for our next short trip: 5 days in Charleston, SC with the Wagners and the Dixons. That will be 'it' for us and trips this year....tires all around will be the next order of business. HAHAHA

Janet:

Ditto! Can't wait to see all of you and show you the sites of Charleston, SC. Fun times! Feel your pain of the tires all around..

Donna: what a wonderful place where you live! Sounds like my type of place. Looking forward to meeting you as well.

Janet: sounds like you guys had a very enjoyable time together. Glad the weather worked in your favor. I'm glad you get to enjoy some trips and get the tires.

I'm going through photos now, only half way through. When I get them uploaded to my site, I'll post a link. Just got through hundreds of a mom and dad fox and two kits. They were soooo fun!

• 4 weeks later...

Happy July RDBE'rs!

Just catching up on on reading posts! It was great seeing Rick and Alicia and feel bad we didn't get a chance to see Dale and Mark when they were in Colorado .

Haven't had a vacation in the big rig this year, but did have a forced camping trip during the Black Forest fire.. We were very lucky as we didn't have have any issues, but sure was a wake up call on what's important in life!

We hope everyone has a wonderful summer and looking for too seeing everyone at the Hutchinson HTD rally!

Suzan Craven

Boomer's Mom

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ya'll RDBE gals. I did not drop off the face of the earth, we have just been soooooo busy with lifestyle changes I haven't had time to check in. I try to keep up with friends on Facebook. We are currently in NH until August 13th when we have a 26 cu ft. PENSKE rental truck scheduled to haul our stuff to our new home in Port St Lucie, FL. Yes we will be full time residents of Florida! We bought a lovely 3 BR, 2 bath, pool home in April, loaded our STUFF from the RV into it, replaced appliances, did a few small repairs and then headed for NH. Our summer has been totally consumed by packing, sorting, tossing, and of course building a half dozen ET's and 2 trucks! That's a hefty order. We are also trying to spend time with our sons and grandchildren so our departure won't be quite so painful:(. That is the most difficult part of the move. We plan to come back for Christmas and then a summer vacation here when the kids are out of school. With this 100 degree heat all last week, that FL pool at 88 degrees is very enticing to get back and enjoy it. Our RV is stored at the campground we stayed in and Kechup is on guard in our driveway! Our neighbors kids are waiting for a ride in Kechup:) Neighbors are waiting for the open house celebration. Mom is thrilled with her own large bedroom and private bathroom. (4 months in the A1 was pretty cozy for 3 and the sofa bed for us was wearing thin).

We are thoroughly enjoying having Heidi and Bob Springfield and kids visiting us. Yep Bob has learned to build an ET and knows where Home Depot is. The children are rebuilding our spring fed stream and have enjoyed swimming in our lake. Their new custom Spacecraft is unbelievably gorgeous! I have never seen anything like it! If they make it to Hutch you will see how beautiful it is. I believe my DH posted pictures (or will be ) of the interior of their rig on the alternate forum which he is now on.

I received a nice email from Chris Penner yesterday. She is enjoying Montana, and we look forward to getting together again in FL. Our plans for Hutch are still in limbo. We always look forward to the rally and enjoy seeing everyone but will have to see how things go as it gets closer.

Anyone planning a trip to the warm EAST coast of FL please be sure to check in with us. You all are always welcome :)

Safe travels, Hugs, dds

Edited by ddshjs aka RDBE 1

Hi all,

Sharon, yes, we all are enjoying our new rig. The kids love having their own "mini room" with great toy storage! I have done several sewing projects now and have obviously cooked many meals, and I LOVE the lay out. It is so perfect for us.

Alicia, can't wait to see your pics. Sounds like you made some very special memories.

Donna, I lived near Maryville for several years before acquiring my DH and really loved it there. Have traveled all over the US and that's still one of my top 5 places in our beautiful country.

We are totally enjoying our time here in NH with Davena et al. DH and Davena's hubby keep finding projects to work on and we are so enjoying Davena's sweet hospitality.

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies, our internet pics never included final photos of our new camper and Henry took a few which he posted. They are at http://www.irv2.com/forums/f44/guests-169017.html if you want to see them.

We also acquired a new horn for the truck today and it brings a smile to my face - our city horn is sad and our other horn was about as sad. Upgrades - yea!

Alicia, now it's your turn to post pics...

HOLY SMOKES Heidi!!! WOWZER did that ever turn out amazing!! No one would ever believe that stunning interior is in an RV! I have a bad case of RV Lust now - ugh... Can't wait till the rally to see it in person. I can't imagine it being nicer in person than the pics, but know it will be. Look forward to hearing the new horn too. My van needs a horn upgrade bad - I can barely hear it - I don't think it will be much use in an emergency without a "volume bump" at the very least. You guys travel safe, and we'll see you in Hutch. Hugs to all the little people too.

Sharon

• 4 weeks later...

Before.... and after. :D

attachicon.gifOldHorn.jpgattachicon.gifNewHorn.jpg

Nice, where did you find them? My old horn looks like a combination of you pictures. Should look like the new one but only has one trumpet, so it looks like your old one. It is pretty sad in the sound category and unfortunately when the kids do the honk your horn request I have to pretend I didn't see them. Need to get that fixed soon.

Nice, where did you find them? My old horn looks like a combination of you pictures. Should look like the new one but only has one trumpet, so it looks like your old one. It is pretty sad in the sound category and unfortunately when the kids do the honk your horn request I have to pretend I didn't see them. Need to get that fixed soon.

Weeeelllll - Henry had them in his garage and we were the beneficiaries. I love it! DH always threatens to honk the city horn at kids who ask us to blow it and I chastise him, telling him he'll scar them for life. We had the sissy horn for so long that I'm still surprised when we pull the air horn and get that beautiful sound.

Sharon, did you survive your massive decluttering? Have been thinking about you guys lately.

So, ladies, who plans to attend the rally in October? We sent in our registration and can't wait to get together with friends again.

Heidi - we haven't sent in our registration for the rally yet, but need to get on that soon. We're almost done (at least for this summer). Kinda figured it out, and since mid April to now, I've worked in excess of 1,400 hours on getting stuff gone. To put that in reference - the average job YEAR is 2,000 hours - 50 weeks at 40 hours per week. So in 4.5 months, I've done 70% of a typical year's "job". Thankfully it's paid me about 2.5 times what I could get per hour at a job! Still have a bit more next summer when we come back, but it's really pared down, organized, and ready to go. If we were just "normal" like other folks, we wouldn't have had SO MUCH "niche" type of stuff that only a tiny percentage of folks can use. Thus the ebay work summer coming up next year... Wider audience, better selling opportunity. At least the local auction for all the stuff that "normal" people could use is over and done with...

We will be at the customizer in TX after the rally for some extra cabinets in the van - and I want a nice AUDIBLE horn like you big trucks have! Ok, maybe not "quite" that much horn - but noticeably more horn than I have now. Look forward to hearing your new sound and seeing your new "crib" as a friend of ours calls our place.

No one posting on the rally huh? We hope to make it a little early. Might be able to do that since we are Good Sam members - even though we aren't interested in "joining their rally" - just getting a place to settle in. IF we can get there early - we never know... Hope we have a great turnout this year. Kinda looks like we won't be able to make it next year, so we hope to be able to visit with lots of folks this year - maybe some new faces we've not met yet.

Drive safe ladies and have FUN! Back to work again for me...

We will be at the HDT Rally also. Really looking forward to seeing everyone.

Heidi, Still saying 'Wow" to your new home. It is lovely.

Sharon, glad you had such a productive summer! I bet you are exhausted.

Alicia, I looked through your May 31 album. I sure hope you guys stayed in your vehicle! The photos are amazing.

Davena and Suzan, Are you feeling settled in your new homes yet?

Safe travels all!

Susan

• 4 weeks later...

Alicia, DH and I loved looking at your pics. =) Thank you so much for posting them, especially as we don't have may with animals in them (due to our natural bear spray that we carry with us). :huh:

As of this morning, we are officially making our way toward Hutch! Yea!!

Can't wait to renew old acquaintances and make new friends....

Paula, we will miss you and your DH very much. Know that you and your family are in our thoughts and our prayers.