RDBE (for those in the know)

ddshjs

Pam, we are still in Custer until after the Buffalo Roundup Sept 27th. We plan to leave Custer around the first of October and attend a Foretravel Rally Oct 4th in Colorado Springs ... then on to Hutch for the HDT Rally Oct 10th. Are you coming to Hutch?

We'll be in Congress around the 1st of December. Hope we see you down the road somewhere. Take care and safe travels.

Hugs...........Pat

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY GREETINGS TO NANCY O'BOSKY AKA THE WEST COAST PRINCESS AND TO PAM RIDGELY! WE WERE AT THE ESCAPADE ALL LAST WEEK AND NOW THE MDT RALLY IN BERRIEN SPRINGS, MI. HOPE YOU BOTH ENJOYED YOUR SPECIAL DAY! AFTER A COUPLE STOPS IT'S ON TO HUTCH, HUGS DAVENA

Edited by hjsdds

• 3 weeks later...

wow, september flew by and we are now at the hdt rally in hutch!

WE WILL TOAST THE SEPTEMBER AND OCTOBER BIRTHDAY GALS (to Oct 16) WHEN WE OPEN OUR RDBE MEETINGON TUESDAY AT THE 5TH ANNUAL GATHERING!

Happy b'day to ya all!

Amber, Janet Church, Renee, Connie, Nancy O'Bosky, Pam Ridgely, Mimi, Darcy, Gabriella, Diane Crowell, Janet Chartier, Sue McCarron, and Deb Rauch.

Welcome to all our 1st time gals and it's great to see the retreads again! Hugs to all! Davena, RDBE#!

• 1 month later...

Oh wow, am I out of touch! Finally got back to NH Oct 30th from our whirlwind trip alternating between rallies and repairs! We enjoyed the Escapade in Goshen and linked up with lots of friends we hadn't seen for a while. Next was the MDT (now called Heavy Haulers) Annual Rally in Berrien Springs. We had a good turnout and the fairgrounds was perfect for a rally. Pat Carruth and I went out in our truck for a girls shopping trip but Kechup was not cooperating. It stopped a couple times on the way back to the Fairgrounds, but we made it. I get impatient when vehicles don't behave so I got on the internet, found an HDT repair facility 2 exits up I-31 in Sodus MI, where we spent the next 11 days getting the top end of our Cummins engine rebuilt. Art and Caroline joined us day one and got a quick repair done on their International. Ken and Pat Carruth also came up to keep us company and stayed the entire week keeping us company and helping. The fellows at the shop said, laughingly when Ken's HDT pulled in, " holy cow they're multiplying like rabbits!" During the week we went to Bontragers in White Pigeon, and visitied pretty St. Jospeh, on Lake MI for dinner. Upon the advice of the Service Tech we had dinner one evening at an authentic Mexican restaurant in Sodus called Rodeo.

He was emphatic that we had to try the Banana Enchilada- 3 scoops of ice cream on a thin sweet crust, sliced bananas plus toppings. There was so much food we passed on dessert, and went back the next day and got dessert to go! Highly recommended if you are in the area.

When we were released, it was off the spend a couple of fun days with JoAnn and Mike Council in Chillicothe, MO and then caravan to the HDT rally in Hutch- Never a dull moment- on the way down route 81, we noticed the arms of our awning flailing againt the side of the camper and the cover ripped from the fabric! Along came Mike & JoAnn! The guys uncrewed the awing attachments and deposited it on the

side of the road in the gully. Duct tape on the remaining fabric created a unique striped affect! The HDT rally was a good time as usual. met lots of new HDTers and loved seeing re-treads again!

Next destination was to Spacecraft to get the awning replaced. I woud guess about 10 miles before Concordia, MO on I-70 we got a friendly but concerned waive from a trucker- yep a blow out on the RV- " bleep bleep, laugh laugh" what else can you do! Drive on the rim the last 10 miles! (middle tire on passenger side) Still got 5 left! ;) Mark Shelley was already at Spacecraft (DIYGuy), and had delivered his Volvo to the repair shop- similar issue we had! Empty wallet syndrome was contagious. Don and Fannie France stopped by and visited for a few days- we toured the show model Spacecrafts, new projects under way and a really unique speciality rig. It must have been getting too calm because the hard drive on my computer went south! Marsha, owner of Spacecraft, linked us up with a computer shop and got it replaced and Don downloaded my info from the HD. All was well again. Mark flew back to MA on Saturday. Don and Fannie left for Sodus, MI repair shop on Thursday. Tuesday our new awning was installed. At 4:30 we decided to head east, & despite heavy winds, we made it to St. Louis for the night. We alternated 200 mile hour shifts and arrived back in NH at our sons house Friday morning about 8:30 am.

It was great to see our grand daughters and kids. Even tho it was freeeezzing, I went to the annual Monster Halloween parade with the kids. Now we're back in Springfield, unloaded the RV got it winterized and had an ice storm last Tuesday that left us on generator for about 12 hours. This weekend its been in the 60's good for yard work! Oh my RV & warm weather is looking better already!

My sincere apology for not acknowledging the last few RDBE birthdays,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY wishes to Marita, Kathy Richards, Jan, Barb Mohr, RDBE #2 Pat McFall, Ute and Michal! Hope you all had a fun day and best wishes for many more! Hugs Davena

• 2 weeks later...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIELLE (RDBE #5)!!! AND MANY, MANY MORE!!! Hope you have a wonderful birthday!! Jack....I hope you have a very, special day planned for a VERY, SPECIAL LADY!!

I think about our hot tub "Happy Hour" a lot. I'm going to miss that and our line dancing this year. :D:(

We're leaving today heading for North Ranch. We hope to be there by the end of the week.

We'll be on the road but I'll try to call you later.

BIG HUGS <_<:unsure:................................Pat

I'm not sure if Testosterone is allowed in here, but it's for good intent. Please allow me to present the newest pilot, Rita, flying our new T-2000 Kenworth, complete with 3 pedal auto-shift:

42340022.jpg

Way to go Rita! Congratulations at working those pedals! Testosterone is always allowed as long as it is from the 'right' seat! Welcome to the RDBE Gals! Davena

• 3 weeks later...

Oh Mark you are treading on risky turf, what is the saying, left is right and right is wrong at least pertaining to RDBE rules! :rolleyes:

Hope all RDBE gals had a wonderful Christmas! (including Mark and all other DH's!)

December birthday greetings to Alicia, Roseann (Sikora), Pat (Walworth), and Martha. I hope you all enjoyed your special day and best wishes for many many more! Hugs Davena

Now that the holidays are past I'll have a chance (when I get to FL) to start the RDBE calendar and update the birthday list. Please let me know if you want a calendar so I'll know how many to print.

Happy New Year and be safe!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Happy Birthday wishes this week go to Kathy Bevington and Gina Thurston! Hope you both have a fantastic celebration and wish we were there to toast the occassion! Best wishes for many more! Hugs Davena

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREETINGS TO DALE, HEATHER AND ON THE 31ST TO CEC BURTON. HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY AND CELEBRATE IN STYLE ! ALSO WISHES TO CEC FOR A CONTINUED SPEEDY RECOVERY FROM HER RECENT SURGERY! HUGS, DAVENA

Edited by hjsdds

• 3 weeks later...

We are finally up in the 70's here in FL! Nights are cool but days are perfect! Chris Penner, my DH and I went to the Flea Market yesterday in Webster and got our usual strawberriees from Plant City but the traditional $5 per FLAT are now $7 per 1/2 flat! Not much else that we were looking for. We're getting spoiled with our joint dinners every evening and have come up with some easy but delicious recipes. Chris and Vern used to have a Bed and Breakfast and she is really talented when it comes to good healthy cooking! Examples, tonight Chris is making creamed Asparagus on toast with special Parmesian topping, and strawberry shortcake Chris's styles; last evening I made Crab bisque, Chris contributed homemade bread, and I made sweet shortcakes for strawberry shortcake NH style. Taco salads, with butterscotch pudding and strawberries dipped in sour cream and brown sugar, a pork tenderloin with pierogis and salad with strawberry cake are a couple other tasty tidbits on the menu for last week. We plan our dinners a day in advance depending on what we have available jointly! Every day is a surprise! When Cindy and Jeff Brett were here all last week, it was a 3 way effort, looking forward to them stopping back here again!

February birthdays are flying by! With all our culinary creations, flea markets and on going RV repairs, RDBE birthday greetings have been unintentionally neglected. I hope all you RDBE gals had a wonderful Valentines Day! Jo Ann Council celebrated her birthday on Valentines Day so Mike got to do double duty! Go Mike, shovel your way to downtown Chillicothe in your hip boots and bring home a nice surprise for JoAnn. Jill Mattson's birthday was the 13th, and Dave probably had to use the same shovel technique as Mike for her gift, Paula Hooper (6th), Fannie France (5th) may have had better luck with the weather and hope you both had a wonderful birthday celebration! Marsha Trautman (3rd) at Spacecraft, may also have been snowed in but hope she had a fantastic day and best wishes for many more for all of you!

Hugs, Davena

Edited by hjsdds

We are finally up in the 70's here in FL! Nights are cool but days are perfect! Chris Penner, my DH and I went to the Flea Market yesterday in Webster and got our usual strawberriees from Plant City but the traditional $5 per FLAT are now $7 per 1/2 flat! Not much else that we were looking for. We're getting spoiled with our joint dinners every evening and have come up with some easy but delicious recipes. Chris and Vern used to have a Bed and Breakfast and she is really talented when it comes to good healthy cooking! Examples, tonight Chris is making creamed Asparagus on toast with special Parmesian topping, and strawberry shortcake Chris's styles; last evening I made Crab bisque, Chris contributed homemade bread, and I made sweet shortcakes for strawberry shortcake NH style. Taco salads, with butterscotch pudding and strawberries dipped in sour cream and brown sugar, a pork tenderloin with pierogis and salad with strawberry cake are a couple other tasty tidbits on the menu for last week. We plan our dinners a day in advance depending on what we have available jointly! Every day is a surprise! When Cindy and Jeff Brett were here all last week, it was a 3 way effort, looking forward to them stopping back here again!

February birthdays are flying by! With all our culinary creations, flea markets and on going RV repairs, RDBE birthday greetings have been unintentionally neglected. I hope all you RDBE gals had a wonderful Valentines Day! Jo Ann Council celebrated her birthday on Valentines Day so Mike got to do double duty! Go Mike, shovel your way to downtown Chillicothe in your hip boots and bring home a nice surprise for JoAnn. Jill Mattson's birthday was the 13th, and Dave probably had to use the same shovel technique as Mike for her gift, Paula Hooper (6th), Fannie France (5th) may have had better luck with the weather and hope you both had a wonderful birthday celebration! Marsha Trautman (3rd) at Spacecraft, may also have been snowed in but hope she had a fantastic day and best wishes for many more for all of you!

Hugs, Davena

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, Davena --- we were visiting her RN cousin in LA for B'day & SuperBowl, then up to the Bay Area for (my) doctor visits & Valentine's Day; finally headed toward PHX via THE BEACH on the 25th, stopped for a couple nights at Q (late season shopping), arrived PHX on Thurs; now, onward to spring training and warm weather...70+ before 10am, rises to about 83 late afternoon.

Best regards, to all!

Edited by DonF

Guest hjsdds

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREETINGS TO CAMILLA HEASTY AND VALERIE PROPERT! BEST WISHES FOR A WONDERFUL DAY AND MANY MORE! DAVENA

DON AND FANNIE, SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE REALLY BUSY AND ON THE MOVE! WE MISS YOU GUYS AND WISH YOU SAFE TRAVELS AND ENJOY! KEEP IN TOUCH!

DORCAS WHITE SENT ALONG SOME BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS OF SITES THEY VISITED RECENTLY IN TEXAS- ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. THANKS FOR PASSING THEM ALONG. DAVENA

From post #770 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREETINGS TO DALE, HEATHER AND ON THE 31ST TO CEC BURTON. HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY AND CELEBRATE IN STYLE ! ALSO WISHES TO CEC FOR A CONTINUED SPEEDY RECOVERY FROM HER RECENT SURGERY! HUGS, DAVENA

A little update on Cec. She is doing well (still not 100%, that may take up to a year). She has been following the Dr. orders (fancy that, pinch myself, is this the real Cec) to the T and she is right where she is supposed to be in the recovery process. We saw the Dr. on Thursday, so this is current. Fully mobile (still twinges of pain but very seldom), exercising, being Cec.

Thx for all the best wishes and prayers.

Bill

Edited by Bill B