RDBE (for those in the know)

ddshjs

Guest hjsdds
Wow Val! Sounds like you are a natural RDBE'er! Welcome aboard RDBE #80! If you PM your email address to me, I will send you the info we need for your profile in the member list, a copy of the Prose and our Purpose, and contact information for Gail Dixon who has the RDBE Tee Shirts. Congratulations, ! Davena RDBE #1

The email address you sent me was returned as a mailer deamon :rolleyes: Try again?? DDS

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY (TIHINEN)!!!! AND MANY, MANY MORE!!! Cindy, hope you have a wonderful birthday. We are back in Custer so if you are up this way, give us a call or stop by to see us.

BIG HUGS.................

Pat

RDBE #3

Guest hjsdds

Wishing all the RDBE Gals a wonderful Memorial Day Holiday and let's remember all those who are currently serving our country and those who have given their lives and service all in the name of freedom. God Bless.

Very HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREETINGS to Linda Wilkins (5/27), Cindy Tihinen (5/28), and to Val Gehlin on this Memorial Day! Have fun as you celebrate your special day and best wishes for many more! Davena RDBE #1.

Wow Val! Sounds like you are a natural RDBE'er! Welcome aboard RDBE #80! If you PM your email address to me, I will send you the info we need for your profile in the member list, a copy of the Prose and our Purpose, and contact information for Gail Dixon who has the RDBE Tee Shirts. Congratulations, ! Davena RDBE #1

Hi Davena,

Just wanted to let you know I sent you a PM again today with "hopefully" my correct e-mail address!

Thanks,

Val

Bill and Val #94867

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller

"The Rumblebee" 2001 Volvo 610 VED 12 385 with gen 2 autoshift

2003 Teton Frontier 3 axle

Guest hjsdds

An update for all RDBE Gals! I am pleased to announce the newest RDBE Member #80! Val Propert drives a Volvo 610 autoshift, named Rumblebee. Yes it is yellow! Val has logged quite a few miles and we hope to see her and Bill in Hutchinson this year. Please add her to your birthday calendar on March 4th! In behalf of all the RDBE Gals, welcome Val and keep that drivers seat warm! Davena RDBE #1 :unsure:

Guest hjsdds
:rolleyes: Hi Dorcas! We had the pleasure of baby sitting for our 3 grand daughters in Portsmouth on your birthday. Hoping you had a wonderful celebration on your special day and I'm sure Dan treated you like a queen as he always does! Best wishes for a happy birthday and many more! Hugs Davena RDBE #1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hjsdds
:angry: Hi Gail, Just want to wish you a very happy birthday! Hope Steve was home to help you celebrate and best wishes for many more. Sorry we missed youy at ECR but hope to see you at Hutch. Hugs Davena

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hjsdds

There are a few more June birthdays that are upon us!

Happy Birthday wishes to Bev Mowry, Sue Ann Koblauch, and on June 22 Rosanna Clayton!

Hope you all have a fantastic birthday and best wishes for many many more! Davena RDBE#1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest hjsdds

Wow, August is a very busy birthday month, I'm going to send out one BIG BIRTHDAY WISH TO ALL THE GALS in August, else it may not get done, so here goes!

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND BEST WISHES FOR MANY MORE TO!

VERONICA, GAYLE, SHELLI, BILLIE, VICKI, KATHY, MARSHA AND JANET!

I HEARD FROM AN HDTer THAT IS VISITING US THAT PAT AND MIKE SOLD THEIR BEAUTIFUL RIG & HDT. I WISH YOU BOTH THE VERY BEST AND HOPE WE'LL STILL SEE YOU FROM TIME TO TIME ??? HDT RALLY??? HUGS DAVENA

ALSO, RDBE 2, CARRIE DRAKE HAD SURGERY TODAY, AND I AM VERY HAPPY TO REPORT THAT ALL WENT VERY WELL AND SHE WILL HAVE ABOUT A 6 WEEK RECOVERY PERIOD. (VERY HARD FOR SOMEONE THAT STAYS BUSY EVERY MINUTE!) rdbe #1

SEE YA'LL AT ESCAPADE OR THE HDT RALLY! DRIVE SAFE~ DAVENA,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pam, we are still in Custer until after the Buffalo Roundup Sept 27th. We plan to leave Custer around the first of October and attend a Foretravel Rally Oct 4th in Colorado Springs ... then on to Hutch for the HDT Rally Oct 10th. Are you coming to Hutch?

We'll be in Congress around the 1st of December. Hope we see you down the road somewhere. Take care and safe travels.

Hugs...........Pat

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY GREETINGS TO NANCY O'BOSKY AKA THE WEST COAST PRINCESS AND TO PAM RIDGELY! WE WERE AT THE ESCAPADE ALL LAST WEEK AND NOW THE MDT RALLY IN BERRIEN SPRINGS, MI. HOPE YOU BOTH ENJOYED YOUR SPECIAL DAY! AFTER A COUPLE STOPS IT'S ON TO HUTCH, HUGS DAVENA

Edited by hjsdds

• 3 weeks later...

wow, september flew by and we are now at the hdt rally in hutch!

WE WILL TOAST THE SEPTEMBER AND OCTOBER BIRTHDAY GALS (to Oct 16) WHEN WE OPEN OUR RDBE MEETINGON TUESDAY AT THE 5TH ANNUAL GATHERING!

Happy b'day to ya all!

Amber, Janet Church, Renee, Connie, Nancy O'Bosky, Pam Ridgely, Mimi, Darcy, Gabriella, Diane Crowell, Janet Chartier, Sue McCarron, and Deb Rauch.

Welcome to all our 1st time gals and it's great to see the retreads again! Hugs to all! Davena, RDBE#!

• 1 month later...

Oh wow, am I out of touch! Finally got back to NH Oct 30th from our whirlwind trip alternating between rallies and repairs! We enjoyed the Escapade in Goshen and linked up with lots of friends we hadn't seen for a while. Next was the MDT (now called Heavy Haulers) Annual Rally in Berrien Springs. We had a good turnout and the fairgrounds was perfect for a rally. Pat Carruth and I went out in our truck for a girls shopping trip but Kechup was not cooperating. It stopped a couple times on the way back to the Fairgrounds, but we made it. I get impatient when vehicles don't behave so I got on the internet, found an HDT repair facility 2 exits up I-31 in Sodus MI, where we spent the next 11 days getting the top end of our Cummins engine rebuilt. Art and Caroline joined us day one and got a quick repair done on their International. Ken and Pat Carruth also came up to keep us company and stayed the entire week keeping us company and helping. The fellows at the shop said, laughingly when Ken's HDT pulled in, " holy cow they're multiplying like rabbits!" During the week we went to Bontragers in White Pigeon, and visitied pretty St. Jospeh, on Lake MI for dinner. Upon the advice of the Service Tech we had dinner one evening at an authentic Mexican restaurant in Sodus called Rodeo.

He was emphatic that we had to try the Banana Enchilada- 3 scoops of ice cream on a thin sweet crust, sliced bananas plus toppings. There was so much food we passed on dessert, and went back the next day and got dessert to go! Highly recommended if you are in the area.

When we were released, it was off the spend a couple of fun days with JoAnn and Mike Council in Chillicothe, MO and then caravan to the HDT rally in Hutch- Never a dull moment- on the way down route 81, we noticed the arms of our awning flailing againt the side of the camper and the cover ripped from the fabric! Along came Mike & JoAnn! The guys uncrewed the awing attachments and deposited it on the

side of the road in the gully. Duct tape on the remaining fabric created a unique striped affect! The HDT rally was a good time as usual. met lots of new HDTers and loved seeing re-treads again!

Next destination was to Spacecraft to get the awning replaced. I woud guess about 10 miles before Concordia, MO on I-70 we got a friendly but concerned waive from a trucker- yep a blow out on the RV- " bleep bleep, laugh laugh" what else can you do! Drive on the rim the last 10 miles! (middle tire on passenger side) Still got 5 left! ;) Mark Shelley was already at Spacecraft (DIYGuy), and had delivered his Volvo to the repair shop- similar issue we had! Empty wallet syndrome was contagious. Don and Fannie France stopped by and visited for a few days- we toured the show model Spacecrafts, new projects under way and a really unique speciality rig. It must have been getting too calm because the hard drive on my computer went south! Marsha, owner of Spacecraft, linked us up with a computer shop and got it replaced and Don downloaded my info from the HD. All was well again. Mark flew back to MA on Saturday. Don and Fannie left for Sodus, MI repair shop on Thursday. Tuesday our new awning was installed. At 4:30 we decided to head east, & despite heavy winds, we made it to St. Louis for the night. We alternated 200 mile hour shifts and arrived back in NH at our sons house Friday morning about 8:30 am.

It was great to see our grand daughters and kids. Even tho it was freeeezzing, I went to the annual Monster Halloween parade with the kids. Now we're back in Springfield, unloaded the RV got it winterized and had an ice storm last Tuesday that left us on generator for about 12 hours. This weekend its been in the 60's good for yard work! Oh my RV & warm weather is looking better already!

My sincere apology for not acknowledging the last few RDBE birthdays,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY wishes to Marita, Kathy Richards, Jan, Barb Mohr, RDBE #2 Pat McFall, Ute and Michal! Hope you all had a fun day and best wishes for many more! Hugs Davena