Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Haven't seen a post on this forum, but those of you who know Steve Ball know he was diagnosed with cancer a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, it has returned and the prognosis is not good. Keep him in your thoughts.

On a happier note, it is only three weeks and four days til we leave to pick up our Casita and be back on the road again!

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

We are sorry to hear the news about Steve and will keep him in our thoughts.

We are also on our way to Lake Havasu City...but as a two night stopover only. At this point in time, Lake Havasu is on our plan for the 29th and 30th before we move down the road to Brenda.

Look forward to seeing some of the Class of '06 gang in AZ this winter.

Safe travels everyone!

Gordon

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

As part of our getting back on the road as "sometimers," we rejoined Escapees today thanks to Robert's post about the half price fee. Two weeks from today we head to Texas to pick up our Casita. Because of my Aunt's ill health, we are then going to hot foot it to Bullhead City and move her back to Texas instead of spending Thanksgiving with our daughter. My Aunt is currently in the hospital in Las Vegas in the ICU with pneumonia, but we're hoping she recovers in time for us to move her.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

We have arrived in San Tan Valley in Arizona for the winter months and will hang out in the sun here until sometime in April. Had a great time with Barb and Dave in Lake Havasu City last week while on the way to winter HQ.

Hope to see some of you this winter in AZ!!

Gordon and Juanita

• 4 weeks later...

We're back in Illinois after a crazy 15 day trip. We left Illinois on Nov. 16th to pick up our new Casita and drive straight to Las Vegas. My Aunt, a lifetime Escapee, was in critical condition and we were trying to get there before she passed on. Unfortunately, we lost the race as she succumbed on Sunday, Nov. 17th. We continued on to Vegas since I had to meet with the funeral director at 4 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 21st. in order to have the cremation done on Friday. We made it in with time to spare, had the meeting and the cremation went off as planned.

On Sunday, Nov. 24th, we scattered her ashes in her beloved desert and then started the trek back. We stopped off in Ft. Worth, TX to handle some business with her death, left our new Casita at a Casita modification shop in E. Texas for some changes, and arrived back at our house in Illinois last night. Almost 6000 miles in 15 days - not a record to be envied. We will be picking our Casita up again on Dec. 16th, but traveling at a much more modest speed after that. We will be spending Christmas in Baytown, TX, then heading West after attending a Casita Rally (Casitas in Lajitas) close to Big Bend NP.

The Casita is a real paradigm change from a 40' Foretravel DP, but we think we're really going to like it once we get the choreography down. I love it because it is so easy to tow since I'm (Suzanne) the principal driver now. We're making some modifications to it which will make it even better for our longer trip. Hope to see some of you on the road!

• 4 weeks later...

sorry, Judy, we had so much family stuff going on, I didn't even check this forum while in Baytown. We'll be back however, so maybe we can get together then.

We're at Lackland AFB San Antonio now. Jeff had a crown come loose over the holidays, and we need to get to the VA dentist to have it re-cemented. We'll be here at least a week, then start meandering toward Lajitas for our Casita Rally.

This year John and I moved into a home in NW Phoenix on the road to Wickenburg. We have Ridley (37.5 Avion) in storage close by and we visit her regularly as we still have cargo in the bays. We still plan to travel half the year, we just needed and missed having a garage.....but that comes with taxes, insurance premiums, fees.... ok that is the ugly we didn't miss.

We would like to see you seasonal Arizonians, drop us a line next get together.... Gordon, we would not be opposed to a great big Sunday breakfast when you start that back up.

Hugs to all... much love and well wishes to Steve Ball, I still love to tell our story of tequila tasting in Mexico . Happy New Year!!

"...it isn't about the thing you do, dear, it's about the thing you leave undone which gives you a bit of heartache at the setting of the sun" M.E. Sangster

Diana and John

"the eskie" Buffy

F-350 (is Tugg) & 38.5' Avion (is Ridley)

I've started a new blog for this new era in our RVing. Check it out in our signature and if you would like to be added to the updates, check the box.

• 2 weeks later...

Suzanne is writing the blog about this right now, but I just wanted to say if you've never stopped in Marathon, TX on your way to Big Bend NP, you are missing a really cool stop. We have stopped for a couple of days at the Marathon Motel & RV Park to check the place out; and tomorrow we are heading for the town of Lajitas near Terlingua for a Casitas In Lajitas rally. Check out the blog for details and pics from the head writer.

• 7 months later...

It looks like Class of 2006 members have pretty much fallen off the edge of the Earth! Page 2 in the Forum...that's just not acceptable at all.

Regardless, I just wanted to let classmates know that we are still alive and well on the south coast of Oregon and having a beautiful summer as well. Although not out on the road as much as in years past, we are still enjoying the full-time RV lifestyle and hope to see all of you again down the road.

Stay safe everyone!!

Well Gordon and Juanita, I for one am still alive and kicking. I invested in a site at Jojoba Hills so I'm not on the road fulltime anymore but I still get out there quite often. Heading for South Dakota next week to renew my DL and then on to Fernley, Nevada to work at Amazon for the holiday season. Wish me luck, I'll need it. I plan on attending Escapade 2015 in Tucson so maybe some of us can meet up then. Hugs and cheers to all........................mike

My blah...blah...blah...blog

• 1 month later...

Just spent three months in Sedro-Woolley, WA. Leaving tomorrow for grand daughters birthday in Boise. Will be there for about a week then heading south. We have invested in a spot at Saguaro Co-Op in Benson, AZ so do not travel as much as when we started. Will be in Benson about Oct 17 until the Escapade and will return there for about a month after. Hope to see Mike and others at the Escapade.

Dave

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

• 4 weeks later...

Well we are already in Mesa for the winter, and in fact closed on a Park Model in Val VistaVillage today, so I guess we're becoming part-timers this weekend. Found a great deal and decided we wanted something different for the winter so then come spring we will travel north to cooler temperatures.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

• 3 months later...

For those who haven't heard, Steve Bell's battle with cancer has ended. So enjoyed meeting up with him during our first few years of travel and had such fun introducing him to geocaching. RIP Steve.

Barb & Dave

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

I just found out about Steve through Facebook. He was the second of our class that we met back in 2006 when we first went on the road (Barb and Dave being the first.) I remember he was parked down the road from us at Livingston. We then met up on the road several more times in "Q", Laughlin, and the last time we saw him in Mesa. So sorry to hear of his passing; he fought this for many years. When he was first given the diagnosis, he was only promised a few months, and he lasted quite a bit beyond that. He was a great guy and will be missed by many.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived